There are 222 users in the forums

Drafted Chris Johnson and Traded him - Rate my TEAM

Ended up with the #1 pick in my major money league and was offered #6 & #15 for him and decided to take it.

#1 Chris Johnson for #6 Andre Johnson & #15 Steven Jackson.

The first 5 went:

1. CJ
2. AP
3. MJD
4. Rice
5. Rodgers

10 team league. Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, FLEX, TE, K, DEF. Standard scoring. QB's TD's=6.

This was a league where I didn't have a kicker and couldn't have enough spots to take everyone I wanted. There were so many reaches and dutch rudders being given during the middle rounds, I was salivating. 3 times my player was taken right before me in Tom Brady (2nd round on the way back), Cedric Benson (4th round on the way back), Jason Witten (6th round on the way back)

Rate my squad:

QB: Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger
WR: Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Brandan Marshall, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Vincent Jackson, Jeremy Maclin
RB: Steven Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Ronnie Brown, Beanie Wells, Jahvid Best, Brandon Jacobs
TE: Brent Celek
DEF: Steelers

I know my QB situation is shaky. The guy who drafted Brees also drafted Peyton in the round after. What do you guys think of Calvin +Ronnie Brown for Brees? Rate my team. Thoughts, suggestions?
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Aug 30, 2010 at 7:03 AM ]
CHAMPIONSHIP!

Wow, your Wr's = FAP

definitely try to hustle that trade offer with lower caliber players, if he rejects you can always substitute with better players because you certainly have them
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
You're playing against mediocre fantasy players. They let you get Jahvid Best and Beanie Wells and Brandon Marshall in later rounds. That's just nuts.
Originally posted by crzy:
You're playing against mediocre fantasy players. They let you get Jahvid Best and Beanie Wells and Brandon Marshall in later rounds. That's just nuts.

I know you remember me in this same league last year where I was sending you reference trade proposals. I was wheeling and dealing in this league like crazy last year. I only knew one or two guys but when I showed up today, they dubbed me "The Drug Dealer."

When I made the trade, I had 6, 15, 20, and 21. So with those 4, I had AJ, S-Jax, and went B-Marshall and Calvin back to back on 20-21.

Beanie and Best kept falling..I think I got them in the 7th and 8th.

The scene of the crime. Rodgers actually went 5th.
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Aug 29, 2010 at 9:52 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Seriously, these guys are amateurs

I'm gonna be shooting you trade proposal references...I seriously don't feel comfortable heading into the season with Cutler. My jaw dropped when homeboy took Brees AND Manning. Everytime I've seen someone do that, it just hasn't worked out.
theres no way u dont win this league

this I drafted a team for my friend today, ended up with Chris Johnson, Romo, Jennings, Ryan Matthews (IN THE 4th!)

Good thing its a money league
lol @ defenses going in the 7th.

btw your team looks great, but you better pray Ruthlessbeater comes back strong, because Jay Cutler is a PILE.

Mike Martz offense = heavy pressure on the QB. heavy pressure on Jay Cutler = mistakes aka turnovers.

this will not end well.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Dude went Brees in the 1st and Manning in the 2nd? Other dude goes Rivers in the 4th and Palmer in the 5th?

And I only see 10 teams not 12.
Originally posted by krizay:
Dude went Brees in the 1st and Manning in the 2nd? Other dude goes Rivers in the 4th and Palmer in the 5th?

And I only see 10 teams not 12.

Yea my bad 10 teams only...I think after homeboy went Brees and Manning back to back, other dudes started panicking. Only if Brady fell to me with one more pick in the 2nd, I would've been able to stockpile like crazy.
#7 pick overall was MIA rb ricky williams ?
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:
#7 pick overall was MIA rb ricky williams ?

nevermind, it's deangelo , my bad...
is there like 4 teaMS total is the league?
Share 49ersWebzone