LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 136 users in the forums

Would you accept this trade?

10 team league, standard setup:

Proposed trade:

To me - Antonio Bryant & Ryan Grant

From me - Dwayne Bowe & Kevin Smith

Keeping in mind my starting two Backs are D. Wiliams and Westbrook and my other two WRs are Roy Williams and Colston.

I like Bowe, but he's had some character issues with the coaching staff and Cassel's recent injury has be a bit worried about how much Bowe will produce this year.
Absolutely not....The Lions are gonna rely moer on Smith this year...and so are the Chiefs with Bowe, especially since there is no Gonzo there and KC running a Cardinal type of O.

Bryant is coming off of surgery and hasnt even played this preseason., Grant should do great, but you get the same value as Smith (even better IMO with Smith).

Dont do it
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
10 team league, standard setup:

Proposed trade:

To me - Antonio Bryant & Ryan Grant

From me - Dwayne Bowe & Kevin Smith

Keeping in mind my starting two Backs are D. Wiliams and Westbrook and my other two WRs are Roy Williams and Colston.

I like Bowe, but he's had some character issues with the coaching staff and Cassel's recent injury has be a bit worried about how much Bowe will produce this year.

I wouldn't do it. I'll take D-Bo and the uncertainty over the health issues AB has and the inconsistent play with TB qb's. This year, I feel D-Bo = Bryant in a way, but I'll take Kevin Smith and his upside over Ryan Grant. Just me maybe.

I like Colston, and I've drafted Roy a couple times, just not sure he'll be able to produce #1 numbers...I'd keep Bowe.
Thanks for the input
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
No friggin way

Bowe >>>> Antonio Bryant

Kevin Smith > Ryan Grant
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Although KC's offense situation is in shambles, still no way..
Bowe & Smith are actual starters in some peoples fantasy leagues, Grant & Bryant are bench players IMO..Grant maybe not if you have a really good 1RB and real good WR

so yeah don't do it

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 2, 2009 at 14:15:37 ]
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
I'd much rather have Bowe and Grant than either Smith or Bryant.
Definitely wouldnt trade Bowe for bryant, too much stat differential....

As for Smith and Grant, Morris and another back (can't remember) have shown some promise during the Lions preseason games and may cut into smith's PT. I personally am not a huge fan of smith and hopefully with a healthy OL Grant can get back to killer yards.

I wouldn't take the trade overall, but might be able to trade away smith to a run-lacking team and score some better WRs...
Share 49ersWebzone