There are 181 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Sucked watching Penn last night. Horrible game plan, looked old and slow, no takedowns...

Hope he retires. Hare to see legends get old and still try and fight.

Either retire or go to Bellator where all the retirees are.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Sucked watching Penn last night. Horrible game plan, looked old and slow, no takedowns...

WTF would he accept a fight with an up and comer like Yair? Why would Dana allow it? What happened last night was exactly what happened to him in his last 3 fights. I was just thinking that we need to pit him against another old vet, a guy by the name of Siver and forgot that's what they tried to do last summer (from Wiki):

Siver was expected to face returning veteran B.J. Penn on June 4, 2016 at UFC 199.[33] However, Siver was forced out of the bout in early May with an undisclosed injury.[34]
ya that was sad.
lol wtf!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol both those b***hes look like they've never thrown a punch in their lives.
Give her credit shes 52 years old
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
it's f**king RIDICULOUS how much money he makes. insane. WHY!?

TBH I never understood. He was a boring fighter. Fought mediocre competition. Reminds me of GSP in the sense that I always knew he was going to win and in a boring fashion. I never understood how GSP was a draw either.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

WTF would he accept a fight with an up and comer like Yair? Why would Dana allow it? What happened last night was exactly what happened to him in his last 3 fights. I was just thinking that we need to pit him against another old vet, a guy by the name of Siver and forgot that's what they tried to do last summer (from Wiki):

Siver was expected to face returning veteran B.J. Penn on June 4, 2016 at UFC 199.[33] However, Siver was forced out of the bout in early May with an undisclosed injury.[34]

Yah at 38 years old why would you accept a fight with a top 10 contender is beyond me. I could see if Penn was on some kind of winning streak like Dan Henderson was, but this dude was on a 3 fight losing streak and hasn't fought in almost two years.

Yah at 38 years old why would you accept a fight with a top 10 contender is beyond me. I could see if Penn was on some kind of winning streak like Dan Henderson was, but this dude was on a 3 fight losing streak and hasn't fought in almost two years.

The question isint why did he accept it, as a matter of pride a fighter like BJ wouldn't turn down a fight. The better question is why the f**k would Dana offer him this fight? Seems to me he wanted to capitalize and BJs star power to build up Yair.

The question isint why did he accept it, as a matter of pride a fighter like BJ wouldn't turn down a fight. The better question is why the f**k would Dana offer him this fight? Seems to me he wanted to capitalize and BJs star power to build up Yair.

Ya youre probably right

Silva calling out Mcgregor.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I'd like to see that so Silva can get paid, but it'll never happen. At 170?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Bingo, why the hell would Dana White give him this match up!!! Is he trying to make BJ retire for good, lol. But yah this may have been a move to build up Yair's stock.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I'd like to see that so Silva can get paid, but it'll never happen. At 170?

Which Silva, Anderson?
Wow 12 years ago today 1st episode of TUF aired. Seems like just yesterday.
Share 49ersWebzone