LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 137 users in the forums

The Shark Tank 🦈

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by SFrush:
We're done unless Jones can hold them to a goal or less.

that's not the primary concern, the offense is.

Well that's why it's a concern. Jones has to essentially be perfect. This is likely gonna be a very tight game.
lol at people complaining about the refs favoring the sharks when they've essentially allowed the blues to do whatever they want
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kujon11:
lol at people complaining about the refs favoring the sharks when they've essentially allowed the blues to do whatever they want

They have been targeting Hertl and Karlsson all series and now they are hurt. Coincidence?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
X Factor called it, Gambrell in for Hertl.
Tim Heed also in, for Karlsson.

Gambrell scored 20 goals for the Barracuda.
[ Edited by Garce on May 21, 2019 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
Karlsson and Hertl are out. Pavelski is a gametime decision.

Not looking good.

I guess better late than never for DeBoer to dig into the depth chart.

Assuming a worst case scenario of no Pavelski or Haley, they might have to do something like:
Meier - Couture - Nyquist
Kane - Gambrell - Donksoi
Sorensen - Thornton - Labanc
Radil - Goodrow - Karlsson

Ryan - Burns
Vlasic - Braun
Dillon - Heed

If that's the case, I'd expect a heavier defensive focus. Then, they'll try to use some speed in the neutral zone. And hopefully there'll be more emphasis on movement vs. grinding in the attacking zone.

Whether Pavelski plays or not, I think Gambrell will have a big task in handling faceoffs.
Ryan and Heed may be out of the dog house, but will still need to play it safe.
Burns and Dillon will probably take on most of the bully work in front of the net.
[ Edited by zonkers on May 21, 2019 at 12:02 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zonkers:
I guess better late than never for DeBoer to dig into the depth chart.

Assuming a worst case scenario of no Pavelski or Haley, they might have to do something like:
Meier - Couture - Nyquist
Kane - Gambrell - Donksoi
Sorensen - Thornton - Labanc
Radil - Goodrow - Karlsson

Ryan - Burns
Vlasic - Braun
Dillon - Heed

If that's the case, I'd expect a heavier defensive focus. Then, they'll try to use some speed in the neutral zone. And hopefully there'll be more emphasis on movement vs. grinding in the attacking zone.

Whether Pavelski plays or not, I think Gambrell will have a big task in handling faceoffs.
Ryan and Heed may be out of the dog house, but will still need to play it safe.
Burns and Dillon will probably take on most of the bully work in front of the net.

With EK out maybe that forces us to simplify our game and allows us to be a bit more assertive. It seems like we are always trying to do too much, make the perfect pass.
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by kujon11:

They have been targeting Hertl and Karlsson all series and now they are hurt. Coincidence?

Yep. Also, the head shot to Pavelski (about four inches from the refs face) is the reason he's a game time decision. Luck my ass.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Yep. Also, the head shot to Pavelski (about four inches from the refs face) is the reason he's a game time decision. Luck my ass.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Adapt. Improvise. Drink your own piss. Overcome.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:

In the end, it doesn't matter. Adapt. Improvise. Drink your own piss. Overcome.

Agreed. It goes both ways. Not complaining about calls/non-calls. I'm just tired of hearing about it like we're the ones getting all the benefit.
X Factor called it, Gambrell in for Hertl.
Tim Heed also in, for Karlsson.

Gambrell scored 20 goals for the Barracuda.

watch him score tonight lol
Heed paired with Ryan, we will all hold our breath when they are out there...

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
watch him score tonight lol
Heed paired with Ryan, we will all hold our breath when they are out there...

I think most likely its Ryan - Burns and Dillon - Heed.
Then, DeBoer probably limit Ryan and Heed to < 10 min each and have his top 4 guys play extra shifts.
If the game's close or they go down, it'll seem like Burns, Vlasic, Braun are always out there.
With EK out maybe that forces us to simplify our game and allows us to be a bit more assertive. It seems like we are always trying to do too much, make the perfect pass.

I think the doing too much is because they are trying every which way to get their system to work.
I think the simplification is just accepting that STL has locked down the system and they need to make a counter move/take what the defense is giving them.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Not looking good for Pavs
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Opportunity for young guys to come in and make an name for themselves.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Lame.
Share 49ersWebzone