There are 222 users in the forums

🏈 XFL Football Thread 🏈

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Pat is perfect For it

Also I feel like they should've maybe waited 2 weeks after the bowl. So fans can miss football for a second

I dont think that football is that popular out of markets like it used to be. Mnf and Snf have taken big rating hits. Those used to appeal to the casual fan as well, they dont as much anymore. Dozens of flags each game, lack of good hits, and commercials every 2 min have been turning people off.

Imo, xfl will have a hard time even cracking 1.0 ratings, i wouldn't be surprised if by week 4 they are getting just a 100k viewers.

Vince just got a fat FOX contract, does contracted wrasslin shows for Saudi princes for big money , and is on the Trump team so he gets the tax breaks..
Not to mention that he already has an app format at his disposal in the WWE app.

Ratings won't be the end all be all as stream views and ad revenue is where it's at nowadays.

Idk We'll see how or if he can pull it off.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by Zachary:

Pat is perfect For it

Also I feel like they should've maybe waited 2 weeks after the bowl. So fans can miss football for a second

I dont think that football is that popular out of markets like it used to be. Mnf and Snf have taken big rating hits. Those used to appeal to the casual fan as well, they dont as much anymore. Dozens of flags each game, lack of good hits, and commercials every 2 min have been turning people off.

Imo, xfl will have a hard time even cracking 1.0 ratings, i wouldn't be surprised if by week 4 they are getting just a 100k viewers.

Vince just got a fat FOX contract, does contracted wrasslin shows for Saudi princes for big money , and is on the Trump team so he gets the tax breaks..
Not to mention that he already has an app format at his disposal in the WWE app.

Ratings won't be the end all be all as stream views and ad revenue is where it's at nowadays.

Idk We'll see how or if he can pull it off.

Vince is old and dumb now.
Some nice hits from their final scrimages on their main page.

https://www.xfl.com/articles/seattle-dragons-dc-defenders-scrimmage-training-camp

Might give it a look, seems way better organized this time around.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
interesting way to do things

"Dubbed Team 9, the team Andrus will lead serves as a league-wide practice squad, keeping 35 to 40 players in game shape in the event of injury on any of the league's eight active rosters."

I wonder how things would turn out if the XFL got serious and paid a few big named players a kings ransom to play in that league?

I remember Steve Young and Kelly (Bills QB) opting to go to the USFL instead of the NFL, but I also remember what happened to that league in the end.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I wonder how things would turn out if the XFL got serious and paid a few big named players a kings ransom to play in that league?

I remember Steve Young and Kelly (Bills QB) opting to go to the USFL instead of the NFL, but I also remember what happened to that league in the end.

XFL trying to compete with the NFL early would be really dumb. It doesn't matter who the XFL gets, they will not overtake the NFL. Those kind of moves should be made maybe in like 10 years from now and if they are making good profit and they put up good ratings. Maybe then you start doing things like that.

XFL trying to compete with the NFL early would be really dumb. It doesn't matter who the XFL gets, they will not overtake the NFL. Those kind of moves should be made maybe in like 10 years from now and if they are making good profit and they put up good ratings. Maybe then you start doing things like that.

True

I just notice how the XFL boasts that it will be more like the old school full contact football. Seems like they are going at the NFL
interesting way to do things

"Dubbed Team 9, the team Andrus will lead serves as a league-wide practice squad, keeping 35 to 40 players in game shape in the event of injury on any of the league's eight active rosters."

Don't know if I agree with a league wide practice squad. Ideally, you'd think teams would want guys who were in their system.
The XFL debuts the week after the SB. Many fans will be in a daze after the NFL season is over and watch anything football related.
ESPN now saying they will televise every game. I need a team to support!

Originally posted by English:

I'm rolling with Tampa. Marc Trestman as HC and they have Tarvarus McFadden and Andrew Tiller on the team.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by English:

I'm rolling with Tampa. Marc Trestman as HC and they have Tarvarus McFadden and Andrew Tiller on the team.

LA. They have Josh Johnson as the QB.

It was really trump trying to switch the season and go head to head with the nfl. Had they stayed as a spring time league i think they woulda lasted longer
Not bad so far
I actually like DC's uniforms. Pretty clean.
Share 49ersWebzone