There are 134 users in the forums

College Football Thread

This was almost me when Arizona played Utah a few weeks ago.
They play basically the whole roster every game, too.

Brain fart from hell
I don't think Les Miles is that bad of a hire. Its certainly an odd hire. But I think Les Miles can coach, and you can't do any worse at Kansas.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I don't think Les Miles is that bad of a hire. Its certainly an odd hire. But I think Les Miles can coach, and you can't do any worse at Kansas.

Agree, I like Les. Think he's a solid coach, and college FB is better with him there. Honestly bummed he landed at Kansas. Poo football program imo.
Originally posted by Homer:
Agree, I like Les. Think he's a solid coach, and college FB is better with him there. Honestly bummed he landed at Kansas. Poo football program imo.

My crystal ball says he is there 3 years. Either giant flame out in 3, or gets Kansas to 8 wins in 3 and gets a bigger job.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
College Football Playoff Rankings
1. Alabama (11-0)
2. Clemson (11-0)
3. Notre Dame (11-0)
4. Michigan (10-1)
5. Georgia (10-1)
6. Oklahoma (10-1)
7. LSU (9-2)
8. Washington State (10-1)
9. UCF (10-0)
10. Ohio State (10-1)
11. Florida (8-3)
12. Penn State (8-3)
13. West Virginia (8-2)
14. Texas (8-3)
15. Kentucky (8-3)
LSU, Florida, and Kentucky being top 15 while not being able to complete a forward pass between them is comical. I know it's a down year for college ball after Clemson/Bama, but those SEC teams without QBs have no business in the top 15.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

My crystal ball says he is there 3 years. Either giant flame out in 3, or gets Kansas to 8 wins in 3 and gets a bigger job.

Just in time for USC to be firing it's next neophyte HS position coach they replace Helton.... Maybe Miles will be a Trojan

Originally posted by Geeked:

Just in time for USC to be firing it's next neophyte HS position coach they replace Helton.... Maybe Miles will be a Trojan

Haha I don't think SC will mess this hire up. This is a massive hire for Lynn, considering whats going on down the 10 in Westwood. They are going to be a force, he can't mess this up. They should do what all P5 programs are doing - poach the best AAC coach and build a giant.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Nov 21, 2018 at 8:59 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

"4th and 2 on the fifty ,coach. Should we go for it? ...coach?..COACH?!"
Originally posted by Geeked:

Helton should be fired immediately.

Top candidates:

Assistant Coaches:

Brent Venables - DC of Clemson. Generally considered the best DC in the nation. No west-coast connections, though.

Alex Grinch - DC of Ohio State. A Chip Kelly, Mike Leach and Urban Meyer disciple. He built the foundation of Wash St's defense which has helped them be a legit team.

Ryan Day - OC of Ohio State. Another Chip Kelly and Urban Meyer disciple. He is considered the heir apparent to Urban at Ohio State.

Dave Aranda - DC of LSU. The highest paid coordinator in the country. a California native who is considered a defensive genius.

Head Coaches:

Kyle Whittingham - HC of Utah. Is it time for KW to finally move on, similar to Chris Peterson going from Boise State to Washington?

David Shaw - HC of Stanford. Similar to KW, a proven coach whose winning is hamstrung by the limited resources his school gives him.

Jeff Tedford - The ol' Cal coach and once rival. Now HC of Fresno State and doing pretty well.

Patt Narduzzi - HC of Pitt. Longtime DC at Michigan State.

Dave Doeren - HC of NC State. Once a GA at USC. I know his record at NC STate isn't impressive but its a tough place to build at and he's now put together back-to-back years of progress.

Dino Babers - HC at Syracuse. He has turned Syracuse around in year 3, played at Hawaii, with 16 years of experience coaching on the West Coast.
I'd probably rank top USC coaching candidates as:
1. David Shaw
2. Kyle Whittingham
3. Alex Grinch
4. Ryan Day
5. Dino Babers
6. Brent Venables
7. Dave Aranda
8. Jeff Tedford
9. Dave Doeren
10. Patt Narduzzi
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 21, 2018 at 10:31 AM ]