LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 177 users in the forums

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

I buy it. We would have to sign DeRozan and also aquire a good big man, for Durant to even consider us.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Huh? They've had the same GM since 02. Luke took an assistant coach job and and Fish was hired as a HC to the first team he interviewed for. Which was also for his old coach as GM. I'll give you they f**ked up with Phil, but he hasn't shown he's even great as a GM.

I'm suggesting they should keep guys like Luke and Fisher instead of letting them take other jobs. A well run company identifies talent and fosters the relationship so they dont even consider other jobs. That's how you preserve a culture, not letting all the winners leave then scream really loud that you're a winning organization. I'd offer both those guys well paying jobs in the organization with the understanding that they'll grow into roles that best fit them.

You bringing up Mitch as the GM since '02 is making my point that continuity and championship leadership is valuable and should be kept in house. Mitch learned from the best as West's assistant GM for so many years, but what happens now if Mitch leaves? We have to go hunting outside the organization for the right fit, which is like a crap shoot. Now consider the hypothetical that the Lakers had kept Fisher around and had him working with Mitch all along learning the ropes as his assistant GM... Or the Lakers had kept Luke as an assistant head coach and built him up to take over as head coach when he was ready. That to me is a more effective way of running the organization rather than having no backup plan to Mitch or hiring random coaches of completely varying styles.
Originally posted by Arminini:
Huh? They've had the same GM since 02. Luke took an assistant coach job and and Fish was hired as a HC to the first team he interviewed for. Which was also for his old coach as GM. I'll give you they f**ked up with Phil, but he hasn't shown he's even great as a GM.

I'm suggesting they should keep guys like Luke and Fisher instead of letting them take other jobs. A well run company identifies talent and fosters the relationship so they dont even consider other jobs. That's how you preserve a culture, not letting all the winners leave then scream really loud that you're a winning organization. I'd offer both those guys well paying jobs in the organization with the understanding that they'll grow into roles that best fit them.

You bringing up Mitch as the GM since '02 is making my point that continuity and championship leadership is valuable and should be kept in house. Mitch learned from the best as West's assistant GM for so many years, but what happens now if Mitch leaves? We have to go hunting outside the organization for the right fit, which is like a crap shoot. Now consider the hypothetical that the Lakers had kept Fisher around and had him working with Mitch all along learning the ropes as his assistant GM... Or the Lakers had kept Luke as an assistant head coach and built him up to take over as head coach when he was ready. That to me is a more effective way of running the organization rather than having no backup plan to Mitch or hiring random coaches of completely varying styles.

I hear what you're saying, but I'm not sure it applies here. Fish showed he was nothing but a horrible HC and all Luke has showed is he could step in place of Kerr and the well oiled machine that the warriors are and hold down the fort. In fact, who out of anybody that is a former Laker player has succeeded as a couch in the NBA? Rambis, Shaw, Fish, and whoever else hasn't had much success as an nba coach. Luke is probably the most successful, and like I said, all he did was interim for Kerr. Like i said, I see the point you're making, but I don't think it has merit as there has been little success after they became coaches.

That said, I think Luke is the front runner to become the Lakers next HC. Not that we are his first choice, but I'm sure Luke is theirs.
I hear what you're saying, but I'm not sure it applies here. Fish showed he was nothing but a horrible HC and all Luke has showed is he could step in place of Kerr and the well oiled machine that the warriors are and hold down the fort. In fact, who out of anybody that is a former Laker player has succeeded as a couch in the NBA? Rambis, Shaw, Fish, and whoever else hasn't had much success as an nba coach. Luke is probably the most successful, and like I said, all he did was interim for Kerr. Like i said, I see the point you're making, but I don't think it has merit as there has been little success after they became coaches.

That said, I think Luke is the front runner to become the Lakers next HC. Not that we are his first choice, but I'm sure Luke is theirs.

It's just sad that Lakers coaching searches a decade ago were between Coach K and Phil Jackson and now are about Byron Scott after DAntoni after Mike Brown SMH. Just seems like the organization doesnt have a plan B for anything, its just TWC executive in meetings and playing up the LA weather for someone to come in and save the day.
Great game from Russell tonight
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Great game from Russell tonight

I saw an article about him earlier I was gonna post later about how he's quietly having a pretty good season for a 19 year old PG and it compares him to other rookie PGs from recent history. Then he goes off tonight. Currently sitting on 37 points with 24 seconds to go. That 37 is a regular season record for a Lakers rookie.

Here's the article: http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2016/02/29/comparing-dangelo-russell-2/
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Mar 1, 2016 at 9:51 PM ]
I haven't watched much of the team this year so a couple of questions fellas.

What player, past or present would you guys compare Russell to?

Is Randle improving?

What's Larry Nance's outlook?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Sick game from D'Angelo. The young Lakers are fun as hell to watch.

Jesus the 2015 draft was stacked.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I haven't watched much of the team this year so a couple of questions fellas.

What player, past or present would you guys compare Russell to?

Is Randle improving?

What's Larry Nance's outlook?

It's hard to say with D'Angelo. He so young. Just 19. He's been jerked around by Byron for most of the season. f**king with his minutes, playing time, and benching him at the end of games. He's gotten better each month though and he played pretty great in February. To me he looked like he was gonna be a true PG but lately he's been showing he can get hot and put of points. Pretty looking ones, too. So for me it's hard to say who he reminds me of.

Randle is improving very nicely. He still looks like he's out of control half the time, but the skill is there. He just needs to refine it. He's averaging a double double now.

Larry is a great young player. He's a few years away from being where he needs to be, but he goes up and gets the ball. Big dunks. Cuts to the basket well. Seems like Byron is jerking him around now.

That's ice in my veins!
We're up 60-49 at half time!!!

Lakers > GSW

Russell > Curry

[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Mar 6, 2016 at 1:51 PM ]
Lakers need to use that top 3 pick for a trade (D cousins available??) and sign a big time free agent, cough cough Kevin Durant, no way he is happy playing with Westbrook
Share 49ersWebzone