LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 343 users in the forums

Crikey it's the Cricket Thread

Yeah, getting a bit of mojo back. Especially good is the fact that our new guys are getting good runs, except Maddinson who has struggled a bit. I'd probably let him play one more game and if he still can't get a score, then put another young face in there for the third test.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:
Yeah, getting a bit of mojo back. Especially good is the fact that our new guys are getting good runs, except Maddinson who has struggled a bit. I'd probably let him play one more game and if he still can't get a score, then put another young face in there for the third test.

The bowling and field placement have been pretty good to watch tonight.
Pakistan have made a match out of this. Only need 80 odd to win but only 2 wickets in hand!
[ Edited by Zealot on Dec 18, 2016 at 7:20 PM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Pakistan have made a match out of this. Only need 80 odd to win but only 2 wickets in hand!

I will laugh if the beat us. Aussie cricket is going threw a 49ers period
Originally posted by Goatie:

Nope, Australia hold their nerve and finish it off, but Pakistan fought hard in that second dig and gave us something to think about for the next games, which is good really. After that first innings I thought they would roll over but they showed a bit of what we've lacked and got fairly close to a record run chase.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

Nope, Australia hold their nerve and finish it off, but Pakistan fought hard in that second dig and gave us something to think about for the next games, which is good really. After that first innings I thought they would roll over but they showed a bit of what we've lacked and got fairly close to a record run chase.

At least Pakistan are having a go and you have to respect them for it. Unlike some football team at the moment
David Warner becomes only the 5th player in history to score a century in the first session of a test match.

My grandpa went blind in one eye from cricket.
Originally posted by 801niner:

Yes, it can be a dangerous sport. How did it happen?

I'm not sure, I knew it came from cricket but never found our what happened. Someone explained it to me during the funeral but I think I was drinking

I'm not sure, I knew it came from cricket but never found our what happened. Someone explained it to me during the funeral but I think I was drinking

Ah, fair enough.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
A ball in the eye would do it. Cricket balls are very hard and hurt. I copped one in on the bottom lip once. Painful and bloody result.

The Aussies are off to a good start today. Just two wickets down and over 200 runs. A batting wicket in Sydney today
A ball in the eye would do it. Cricket balls are very hard and hurt. I copped one in on the bottom lip once. Painful and bloody result.

This one springs to mind, former Aussie Prime Minister Bob Hawke copping one. John Howard needs a lot of work on his line and length too.

Young Renshaw just copped one on the helmet in today's game. A very nawsty blow as the late Tony Greig might say.

And the youngster just got his maiden ton.
[ Edited by Zealot on Jan 2, 2017 at 9:16 PM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

This one springs to mind, former Aussie Prime Minister Bob Hawke copping one. John Howard needs a lot of work on his line and length too.

Young Renshaw just copped one on the helmet in today's game. A very nawsty blow as the late Tony Greig might say.

And the youngster just got his maiden ton.

Much better then, "Oh dear, hit him in the groin".

Even with hector on it brings a tear to your eye
Much better then, "Oh dear, hit him in the groin".

Even with hector on it brings a tear to your eye

I remember that one, from The Naked Vicar Show.
Share 49ersWebzone