LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 435 users in the forums

Which Is Your Favorite Giants World Series Run?

Which Is Your Favorite Giants World Series Run?

Its like each time the Giants find a way to top themselves in even more dramatic fashion.

2010 was too basic, so in 2012 they had to come back from down 0-2 to the Reds, and then come back down 1-3 to the Cards. Win the pennant in game 7 in the pouring rain, and sweep the WS.

Then in 2014 they started as the 10th seed, won a WC elimination game, took down a Nats team that had owned them, including that 18 inning thriller. Then they hit a walkoff HR to win the pennant, and take the WS to game 7 using only their ace.

What will they do in 2016? Come back from down 0-3 to beat the Dodgers for the pennant, then win the WS with a walkoff grand slam into the cove in game 7 down 3 runs?
[ Edited by Niners99 on Oct 31, 2014 at 5:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Its like each time the Giants find a way to top themselves in even more dramatic fashion.

2010 was too basic, so in 2012 they had to come back from down 0-2 to the Reds, and then come back down 1-3 to the Cards. Win the pennant in game 7 in the pouring rain, and sweep the WS.

Then in 2014 they started as the 10th seed, won a WC elimination game, took down a Nats team that had owned them, including that 18 inning thriller. Then they hit a walkoff HR to win the pennant, and take the WS to game 7 using only their ace.

What will they do in 2016? Come back from down 0-3 to beat the Dodgers for the pennant, then win the WS with a walkoff grand slam into the cove in game 7 down 3 runs?

Nah, it will be a inside-the-park grand slam by Perez.
2014 because I was there for Ishikawa's walk off and that made it a little more personal.

Otherwise it would be 2010 without a doubt. Waited 33 years for that one.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
2010. never thought i'd see a WS victory in my lifetime. too much heartbreak in previous appearances. i laughed, i cried....my Giants were finally World Champs.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
2010 just because it was the first and I was beginning to think I would never see one. Team was full of personalities and we weren't expected to win it.

This years was more impressive because we had to overcome so many injuries and a depleted starting pitcher staff. Arguably the worst bench in baseball as well. MadBum 's performance though was one of the most impressive sports performances Ive seen, and the greatest postseason pitching performance I have ever seen.

My favorite part of all these teams is the quirky personalities; Huff, pat the bat, romo, Wilson, timmy, pence, Pablo, and many more.

All this!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

And in this order!
2010 followed very closely by 2014. 2010 was the first, and we took the longest and hardest road in 2014.
all unique and special obviously.. but nothing will top 2010.. that one was most emotional
I could possibly see 2012 or 2014 being the answer for someone in their 20s or 30s. However, I dont see how anyone who is in 40s or older and went through SO many years of pain could not say 2010.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I could possibly see 2012 or 2014 being the answer for someone in their 20s or 30s. However, I dont see how anyone who is in 40s or older and went through SO many years of pain could not say 2010.

I'm in my 20's and 2010 is absolutely my favorite considering the 2002 had me scarred for life and I was convinced I'd never see them win a world series. Went to game 1 in 2010 and won't ever forget that.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Theres 2 different frames of mind. 2010 meant the most because it signified the title that the fans waited 56 years for. But as far as which run was more epic, 2012 and 2014 were far more impressive. The route that the Giants had to take the last two times was done in such unlikely and dramatic fashion.

The story from 2010 was more "misfits/castoffs, Brooks Conrad, Rally thong, Wilson's beard, etc".
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I'm in my 20's and 2010 is absolutely my favorite considering the 2002 had me scarred for life and I was convinced I'd never see them win a world series. Went to game 1 in 2010 and won't ever forget that.

this
2010 was like finally marrying a crush or sweetheart

2012 was redemption for Panda & Zito

2014 was a true team effort riding a workhorse and crowning him a legend and a team dynasty
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Not a bad answer. They were all awesome. 2010 for obvious reasons and got to watch a lot of the games with my dad. 2012 because I was actually in the bay area and got to go to a WS game. 2014 because these f**kers are so lovable and such underdogs.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Nah, it will be a inside-the-park grand slam by Perez.

2016 it has to be:

NLDS: beat STL
NLCS: beat LAD
WS: beat NYY or BOS

...that will officially cap the dynasty
Share 49ersWebzone