There are 217 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
might be Panda's last series with us.

doubt it.. he'll get paid.. it's just what the giants do

It depends I think on 2 things. 1) If the Giants win the WS, and 2) How much the demand is from big money teams like Boston or LA. If the Giants win the WS its very likely that Sabean offers Panda a Hunter Pence deal. If not, they may just offer him a qualifying offer and let him go.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

It depends I think on 2 things. 1) If the Giants win the WS, and 2) How much the demand is from big money teams like Boston or LA. If the Giants win the WS its very likely that Sabean offers Panda a Hunter Pence deal. If not, they may just offer him a qualifying offer and let him go.

No doubt Boston, NYY, and LAD go after Panda.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

No doubt Boston, NYY, and LAD go after Panda.

in my 2015 season of MLB the show he plays for Arizona
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
You can dominate football and basketball by being a great athlete. In baseball being a great athlete can only do so much for you, so blacks being the best athletes doesn't mean much in terms of baseball.

Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Jackie Robinson, Joe Morgan, Frank Robinson, Bob Gibson, Willie McCovey, Ken Griffey, Barry Bonds, Frank Thomas. SO many great black baseball players in the 60s 70s 80s and 90s. All HOF or worthy anyway and all great athletes.

Tell me..how many are there now? Andrew McCutchen, Gioncarlo Stanton, Adam Jones. Not many. IN my opinion, if the great athletes played more baseball at a young age and focused on that instead of basketball and football there would be so many more great stars in MLB. That is my only point. The amount of great players in baseball now would be much higher if there was a great influx of African Americans again in the game.

The numbers are lower because all the kids in the inner cities dont want to take the path that requires toiling the minor leagues.

In the NFL and NBA you can make it right away. How many thousands of reps in a batting cage, and years riding a bus in AA does it take to make the big leagues?

A black Pirates minor leaguer basically said inner city kids dont have access to the hitting lessons, and training for football and basketball mainly involves running and lifting. In baseball you need equipment and people throwing you BP to polish a swing.

I think Sandoval gets over $100 mil. Especially if he has another big WS. The last thing teams will remember is these playoffs, and then theres the fact that he will be one of the best players on the market at a scarce position.

Shin-Soo Choo's starting price was around $80 mil, and he ended up getting $130 mil. He had never even made an all-star team.

Even for Sabean, its going to be hard to retain Pablo. I think this is likely his last few games as a Giant.
Originally posted by Niners99:

I think Sandoval gets over $100 mil. Especially if he has another big WS. The last thing teams will remember is these playoffs, and then theres the fact that he will be one of the best players on the market at a scarce position.

Shin-Soo Choo's starting price was around $80 mil, and he ended up getting $130 mil. He had never even made an all-star team.

Even for Sabean, its going to be hard to retain Pablo. I think this is likely his last few games as a Giant.

yup, doesn't hurt him that he's been hitting well in the playoffs, I'm trying to make my piece with the idea this is his last series with SF. I'm all but certain he's gone and I'm gonna be pissed about that unless Posey moves to 3B because there's no other solution to the void Panda would leave.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Niners99:

yup, doesn't hurt him that he's been hitting well in the playoffs, I'm trying to make my piece with the idea this is his last series with SF. I'm all but certain he's gone and I'm gonna be pissed about that unless Posey moves to 3B because there's no other solution to the void Panda would leave.

way to go, writer.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
update:

This series has no pizazz. Pitching and defense, yawn.
Originally posted by jrg:
update:

link

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
update:

link

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This series has no pizazz. Pitching and defense, yawn.

I know. Just think how excting it would have been with JJ Hardy and Nick Markakis. Those guys just scream excitement.
I know. Just think how excting it would have been with JJ Hardy and Nick Markakis. Those guys just scream excitement.

Baseball lacks glam, it's been the case for years. Blame it on video games.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
update:

23,959 is the amount of people in the iFan lounge during the 49ers 3rd quarter at Levi's
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
update:

23,959 is the amount of people in the iFan lounge during the 49ers 3rd quarter at Levi's

lol #truth
Share 49ersWebzone