LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 211 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by jrg:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• jrg
  • Veteran
If you wanted to point/laugh/taunt me, that ship has sailed. Haha, I was BUMMED after Game 2.

This game was like "Meh, whatever"

Lol, sorry if this ruined your day
Lol aww darn it! My day is so ruined now
Lol Bryce Harper done fkd up
Originally posted by wailers15:

Haha good
Maddon to the Angels
Originally posted by wailers15:

I bet he saw the Nats win, then let out a long breath and said "fkn bullsh*t" and then turned off the TV. He probably went and counted his money after that, but you know hes annoyed.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Bet the Angels get Cole too.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Maddon to the Angels

Astros can't do anything when the Yankees change their signs.

Astros had "fans" and employees with cameras pointing at opponents dugouts. Got caught a year ago doing it.

He probably wants to go to the playoffs though.
Originally posted by Niners99:

He probably wants to go to the playoffs though.

DAAAAMMMNNN
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
With their great pitching and the momentum I really think that Washington will have a shot in the WS. Will be rooting hard for them.

The only question will be how long they have to wait for the ALCS, and can they keep their momentum.

Heard on the radio that 9 of the last 10 teams to sweep and had to wait for multiple games of the other series lost the world series. Baseball players just aren't used to having more than a day off

I read it was 8 of 9, but the point remains. I was actually shocked by this. The only team to sweep (a 7 game series) CS and win the World Series was the 1995 Atlanta Braves. Every other team has lost, most of which lost in blowout fashion:

1988 A's lost to the Dodgers in 5
1990 A's got swept by the Reds
1995 Braves beat the Indians in 6
2006 Tigers lost to the Cardinals in 5
2007 Rockies got swept by the Red Sox
2012 Tigers got swept by the Giants
2014 Royals lost to the Giants in 7
2015 Mets lost to the Royals in 5

This is more than enough history for it to be a legitimate concern with the Nationals. I honestly was expecting a great World Series until I heard this stat. I am now expecting an AL champ in a relatively short series.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
With their great pitching and the momentum I really think that Washington will have a shot in the WS. Will be rooting hard for them.

The only question will be how long they have to wait for the ALCS, and can they keep their momentum.

Heard on the radio that 9 of the last 10 teams to sweep and had to wait for multiple games of the other series lost the world series. Baseball players just aren't used to having more than a day off

I read it was 8 of 9, but the point remains. I was actually shocked by this. The only team to sweep (a 7 game series) CS and win the World Series was the 1995 Atlanta Braves. Every other team has lost, most of which lost in blowout fashion:

This is more than enough history for it to be a legitimate concern with the Nationals. I honestly was expecting a great World Series until I heard this stat. I am now expecting an AL champ in a relatively short series.

I dont think the Yankees make it to the WS, but if they did, id expect Washington to win. Whether MLB switched to the old baseballs, or the cold weather has killed the crazy HR trend, the Yankees arent really built for October.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I dont think the Yankees make it to the WS, but if they did, id expect Washington to win. Whether MLB switched to the old baseballs, or the cold weather has killed the crazy HR trend, the Yankees arent really built for October.

Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone