There are 257 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

First championship parade to ever take place on a hospital floor.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Not a real World Series. Sorry Dodgers.

As much as i despise them winning it, it will still go down as a WS in the record book.

Yep. Sad but true

Everyone knows what this season actually was.

Hate the dodgers...but if there ever was an team with an * next to them....it's the astros lol

I never said there was an asterisk. This was just entirely an exhibition season. It was only 60 games long and they put a man on 2nd automatically in extras. Then played the postseason in nearly crowdless neutral sites. It wasn't regular baseball at all.

Im not hating on the Dodgers, this has been my opinion all season. Nobody can honestly call this season legitimate, given how it was constructed. Cant wait to get back to real baseball in 2021.

Yeah, it is kinda a joke. I was waiting on them to OK the use of ghost runners.
It was like an exhibition tournament.

Another tainted title for the Blue.
I hate the dodgers with all of my f**king heart but they were clearly the best team in baseball. Even if the season was 162 games, they still would have won it. Now the Giants better step up their game and compete with these f**kers.
Man, Rays manager getting s**t on all day.

And idk how i feel about it. They were a analytics driven team all year. Thats how they built their team from the front office to the players.

But like the old saying goes, live by analytics, die by analytics.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I hate the dodgers with all of my f**king heart but they were clearly the best team in baseball. Even if the season was 162 games, they still would have won it. Now the Giants better step up their game and compete with these f**kers.

We have no chance to compete with this team for the foreseeable future. Or the Padres. If we are a championship contending team by 2025ish, I will be pleased.
Lifetime ban for Justin Turner?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

We have no chance to compete with this team for the foreseeable future. Or the Padres. If we are a championship contending team by 2025ish, I will be pleased.

I give them by 2022. Farhan is working miracles.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Lifetime ban for Justin Turner?

Lol no. But i expect at least a 20 game suspension
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I give them by 2022. Farhan is working miracles.

You think by 2022, our team will be able to compete for a title? I mean Id like to believe that too, but I cant and dont. I dont know if there is a single current Giant that would start on the Dodgers right now, and we dont have any prospects that are ready to make a real impact by 2022.

I think its going to be a long wait for us.

The Dodgers were the best team many times over the last decade, but they didn't have what it took to come through. The best team in baseball rarely wins the WS. There's absolutely no way to suggest they win over a 162 game season. Time and time again the Dodgers skated through the regular season, and then when it mattered most in front of hostile road crowds in big moments, they choked.

This season was tailor made for them. A quick 60 games and a pressure free, sterile environment in the postseason.

Fans in the stands, Kershaw is losing all his starts.

The Dodgers were the best team many times over the last decade, but they didn't have what it took to come through. The best team in baseball rarely wins the WS. There's absolutely no way to suggest they win over a 162 game season. Time and time again the Dodgers skated through the regular season, and then when it mattered most in front of hostile road crowds in big moments, they choked.

This season was tailor made for them. A quick 60 games and a pressure free, sterile environment in the postseason.

i certainly wouldn't imagine justin turner as sterile
So if there was a game 7, would all of the Dodgers have to quarantine and it be all minor leaguers called up to start
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Reinsdorf making a stupid mistake? No, never.
Share 49ersWebzone