There are 209 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Rays got f**king jobbed man. You cant tell me Austin Jackson is worth Price. lol what the

I do like Drew Smyly and really think he is the better prize for the Rays. Still, with all of the suitors for David Price it seems hard to believe this is the best they could do.

didn't they get Franklin too? He's still relatively unknown at the MLB level but raked in the minors

Yes they did. Perhaps he just needs the opportunity
  • jrg
  • Veteran
what a trade deadline
Rays got f**king jobbed man. You cant tell me Austin Jackson is worth Price. lol what the

Austin Jackson is going to Seattle.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

I thought the mariners got Jackson

And rays got franklin / smyly
Originally posted by SFrush:

Say What? I didnt know that part either. Now this trade looks really bad. WOW
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:05 PM ]

Rays got Smyly, Franklin and Willy Adames. Not bad, but Houston seemingly got way more for Cosart.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Bob Nightengale ‏@Daily_Tunez 15m Done deal: #Rays trade David Price to the #Tigers. #Pirates get Zobrist #Rays get slew of prospects including Marte from Pittsburgh

Thats wrong, its a fake account that was retweeted by someone

Its Rays, Tigers and Mariners

still GOOGLE EYED tho.

Tigers pretty much laughing at the A's now

So the Tigers get 2015 for Price and give up Jackson and Smyley while the A's get 2 months of Lester for Cespedes. LOL at Billy Beane.

I would laugh, but the Giants traded their number 2 and number 7 prospects for Jake Peavy, whos era is creeping up near 5.00...
Originally posted by Niners99:
Bob Nightengale ‏@Daily_Tunez 15m Done deal: #Rays trade David Price to the #Tigers. #Pirates get Zobrist #Rays get slew of prospects including Marte from Pittsburgh

still GOOGLE EYED tho.

So the Tigers get 2015 for Price and give up Jackson and Smyley while the A's get 2 months of Lester for Cespedes. LOL at Billy Beane.

I would laugh, but the Giants traded their number 2 and number 7 prospects for Jake Peavy, whos era is creeping up near 5.00...

don't make them sound like they were all of that. I'm not saying they were trash but our farm system is not that great and we seem to have pitching all over the place.
Wtf did Tampa just do

still GOOGLE EYED tho.

don't make them sound like they were all of that. I'm not saying they were trash but our farm system is not that great and we seem to have pitching all over the place.

Im pretty sure thats the point though, you guys arent very high on your prospects to begin with so you trade the best of what you have for a guy who hasnt been very good this year, You made your farm system weaker and did it make you that much better?
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:28 PM ]

still GOOGLE EYED tho.

Really? No one in Fresno ready to contribute thats for sure. Pretty much all of the Giants pitchers ( with a couple of exceptions) have taken a step back this year. Your first statement is an understatement though when you say our system is not that great. In reality .... IT SUCKS

still GOOGLE EYED tho.

Really? No one in Fresno ready to contribute thats for sure. Pretty much all of the Giants pitchers ( with a couple of exceptions) have taken a step back this year. Your first statement is an understatement though when you say our system is not that great. In reality .... IT SUCKS

I didn't say ready to contribute, but a large majority of ours prospects are pitchers. I wasn't a fan of the deal either but I wasn't pissed off about it either though I would have liked to stick a little bit longer with Escobar.

I can't believe the Rays sent up the white flag on the season to get just Franklin, Smyly, and prospect in return for Price...not the huge haul they were reportedly wanting to get for him. They were finally playing very good baseball.

Also makes me question Billy Beane...I'm not a big Cespedes fan but do not like the Lester deal, so wonder if he at least offered Cespedes for Price, think Rays might have had some interest, and definitely would've been better for the A's. But what I wanted was to eventually deal Cespedes for a few top-shelf prospects, not a 2-month rental on a pitcher. WS or bust now.
Originally posted by marshulk:
Wtf did Tampa just do

Go back to being the Devil Rays. Stupid trade all the way around and the A's trade for Lester was almost as bad. I've never seen such strange trades at the deadline before.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Rays got Smyly, Franklin and Willy Adames. Not bad, but Houston seemingly got way more for Cosart.

I've heard the Tigers guys talk about Willy being one of the better up and comers in A ball for the Tigers. They also said trading proven studs for minor league could be's never really works out to be fair. Never know if that dude will pan out but who knows.
Also said some dude put together a stat sheet of all the players Dave has brought to the Tigers vs the guys who have left the talent on the Tigers end of these trades is outstanding.

Basically they traded away an Ace for a 4th/5th starter, a young utility player and a question mark.

Smyly has been pretty solid but I'm sure it will be different pitching in front of the 5,000 fans that are just there for the air conditioning.
Share 49ersWebzone