LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 251 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I have to agree with jrg on this one. Remove PEDs and mcGwire and Bonds are both HOF players by stats alone. So given the situation, it's a fair comparison.

Also, Canseco said Pudge did steroids. Crickets.

Also, BagweLol!? Lol steroids for sure. f**king HOF voting

The point is not who is or isn't a HOF player, it's the voting process. It's a joke. Choosing to say no to a player because you only get 10 votes means the process is built around another criteria outside is he a hall of fame player or note. Dumb af

Are you honestly saying that Mark McGwire was a HOFer without PED's?

I hope he didnt mean that. If he did he is completely wrong. I think he meant just by looking at the stats he is.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I hope he didnt mean that. If he did he is completely wrong. I think he meant just by looking at the stats he is.

You can't vote based on what you think somone would do without them. We aren't sure in that era actually took them. Probably a lot more than we think.

The only way to vote is based on what you saw on the field. McGwire's stats remain unchanged in the record books and by stats alone he would be a HOF in any other era. Before they put Selig in I was against all of them getting in because baseballs cherished records used to mean something and these players ruined that. But once they put the guy who looked the other way and gets credit for the things that happened during that time, then those players should also get credit for what happened on the field.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Reds send P Dan Straily to Marlins for Luis Castillo (lolwut), Austin Brice, Isaiah White.

Time to shave that beard, Dan!

[ Edited by jrg on Jan 19, 2017 at 6:36 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
enjoy justinmt....

[ Edited by jrg on Jan 19, 2017 at 6:48 AM ]
I better
http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/77378/predicting-every-hall-of-fame-class-through-2045

Every HOF class through 2045. Check 2033 and 2035.

You can't vote based on what you think somone would do without them. We aren't sure in that era actually took them. Probably a lot more than we think.

The only way to vote is based on what you saw on the field. McGwire's stats remain unchanged in the record books and by stats alone he would be a HOF in any other era. Before they put Selig in I was against all of them getting in because baseballs cherished records used to mean something and these players ruined that. But once they put the guy who looked the other way and gets credit for the things that happened during that time, then those players should also get credit for what happened on the field.

Completely 100% disagree. Mac and Sosa were not even close to being HOF players without the help of PEDS and have no business being enshrined. Fortunately, the vast majority of people agree with this and they will never be voted in.
Completely 100% disagree. Mac and Sosa were not even close to being HOF players without the help of PEDS and have no business being enshrined. Fortunately, the vast majority of people agree with this and they will never be voted in.

I felt the same way for years, and you know this. But once they let Selig in, who almost killed the league, only to have it revived by steroid users, didn't do s**t about it for years and years, and didn't let the league evolve, but got enshrined for running the league full of steroid users, how is it fair he gets in and not the players who brought him success?

I felt the same way for years, and you know this. But once they let Selig in, who almost killed the league, only to have it revived by steroid users, didn't do s**t about it for years and years, and didn't let the league evolve, but got enshrined for running the league full of steroid users, how is it fair he gets in and not the players who brought him success?

Well it is a joke that Selig was let in and I couldnt agree more. I just cant justify putting in guys like Mac or Sammy Fricking Sosa who never would have sniffed the Hall without roids. While it may not be "fair" I still want to know the HOF is meant for great players and not average to good players.
Sounds like yordano ventura may have passed away in a car accident in the dr.

Originally posted by crabman82:

Seent it . Dang
Originally posted by crabman82:

jeez.. every offseason
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
RIP...

Jeffrey Flanagan @FlannyMLB
Yordano Ventura's agency has confirmed his death to http://MLB.com 's @JesseSanchezMLB
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I think i will be skipping it.

David Kaplan ‏@thekapman
Warning that the picture of the car crash that killed Kansas City Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura is graphic.
Originally posted by Jcool:
I think i will be skipping it.

David Kaplan ‏@thekapman
Warning that the picture of the car crash that killed Kansas City Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura is graphic.

It's not graphic. A busted up car with a deceased person lying on his stomach in the corner of the picture. No blood or anything over the top gross.
Share 49ersWebzone