LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 142 users in the forums

The 2013-14 MLB Hot Stove Tracker And Spring Training Discussion Thread

I wish more can get in one election cycle like you see in the other major sports. Would have been nice to see certain players in who deserve to be in.

Next year could be pitcher themed with Pedro,The Big Unit and Smoltzie up to bat.
MLB should take away the voting rights for anyone who voted for Armando Benitez, Jacques Jones, JT Snow (although he was a favorite), Hideo Nomo, Eric Gagne, etc....

People like that turn the HOF voting into a farce .
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Apparently Barry Bonds was almost to 40% along with Clemens. I think both end up getting in.

I dont think either will ever get in.

Which is why the baseball HOF is becoming a total joke. The all time hits leader? Not in. All time HR leader? Not in. Best pitcher of this era? Not in.

Its called the Hall of Fame. Not the Hall of Great Character Guys.

The voters are just a bunch of bitter old writers using their one bit of power to get back at players they disliked.
Only the worthy players should be eligible, not because you have been away from the game your name on the ballot shows up.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Apparently Barry Bonds was almost to 40% along with Clemens. I think both end up getting in.

I dont think either will ever get in.

Which is why the baseball HOF is becoming a total joke. The all time hits leader? Not in. All time HR leader? Not in. Best pitcher of this era? Not in.

Its called the Hall of Fame. Not the Hall of Great Character Guys.

The voters are just a bunch of bitter old writers using their one bit of power to get back at players they disliked.

I think Bonds should be in but I do think you need to take into consideration what the roids did for #s. Not a chance I would vote in McGwire, Sosa, or Palmeiro and they certainly have the #s to be in.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
Only the worthy players should be eligible, not because you have been away from the game your name on the ballot shows up.

Everybody has a different opinion. They have guidelines on what is required to appear on the ballot. Just because you're on it doesn't mean you're gonna get voted for though.
MLB should take away the voting rights for anyone who voted for Armando Benitez, Jacques Jones, JT Snow (although he was a favorite), Hideo Nomo, Eric Gagne, etc....

How about this: Cal Ripken was not a uninamous election. That means someone actually thought he wasnt worth of election first ballot. WTF? Dudes voting rights should be stripped. I dont think some of these guys actually watch the game anymore because they are 90 years old.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

How about this: Cal Ripken was not a uninamous election. That means someone actually thought he wasnt worth of election first ballot. WTF? Dudes voting rights should be stripped. I dont think some of these guys actually watch the game anymore because they are 90 years old.

Even worse.. 5% of the voters left WILLIE MAYS off their ballot. Greatest player of all time (along with Ruth) and he stupid people left him off.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Glad to see The Big Hurt get into the HOF. Was one of my favorite players growing up along with Griffey Jr.
[ Edited by Knowledge on Jan 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM ]

Got this in my email box today

Anybody in the mood to go to the sabermetrics convention?
http://sabr.org/analytics?partnerId=ed-7812947-639566103
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
An MLB Hall of Fame without Clemens or Bonds isn't a Hall of Fame worth even paying attention to.

When their own PEERS recognize those two as among the best players of their generation, it's absolutely ridiculous to exclude them.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
An MLB Hall of Fame without Clemens or Bonds isn't a Hall of Fame worth even paying attention to.

When their own PEERS recognize those two as among the best players of their generation, it's absolutely ridiculous to exclude them.

This. Baseball HOF is a joke. It's fukin' stupid. This is why I loved the stand Le Batard took.

Mike Timlin. lol

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of those are coming from guys who won't vote guys like Greg Maddux in on the first ballot.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 9, 2014 at 7:18 AM ]
Mike trout should be inducted already, dude is the GOAT
Share 49ersWebzone