There are 184 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Whats wrong with the magic having a tribute video? Yeah he didnt leave in the most graceful way but he was their second best center in their history. At least they shown more class than cleveland has.
Westbrook didn't f**k around tonight, had a triple double in just 21 minutes.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Charlotte kicking pacers ass right now
Grizzlies are tanking against the Nets
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Pacers have been struggling lately. They were lucky to have a soft schedule last couple weeks. Barely beat Celts, Bucks, Jazz. Better get their act together - they need the home court against Miami after talking about it ALL season.
@SportsCenter: Joakim Noah is a triple-double MACHINE.
2nd in last 3 games tonight -- 10 Pts, 11 Reb, 10 Reb.
Noah ties Steph Curry for 2nd in NBA w/ 3.

Originally posted by 4ML:

Pacers have been struggling lately. They were lucky to have a soft schedule last couple weeks. Barely beat Celts, Bucks, Jazz. Better get their act together - they need the home court against Miami after talking about it ALL season.

Pacers cooling off and the Heat heating up at just the right time. Right now, I don't see them beating the Heat in a 7 game series - even at home. And the way they've been looking lately, JVG doesn't seem so crazy when he said the Bulls had a shot at beating them in a 7 game series. Wouldn't be surprised tbh although a healthy Rose would seal the deal.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Pacers cooling off and the Heat heating up at just the right time. Right now, I don't see them beating the Heat in a 7 game series - even at home. And the way they've been looking lately, JVG doesn't seem so crazy when he said the Bulls had a shot at beating them in a 7 game series. Wouldn't be surprised tbh although a healthy Rose would seal the deal.

Pacers can beat Heat bc of the huge advantage at Center. Hibbert becomes Shaq lite against Bosh and Anderson.

But, if Oden can play 15-18 minutes - IMO Hibbert goes back to being Hibbert for almost half of his time on court. He's below average offensively and a below average rebounder. Then Pacers look very beatable. That's why Bird got scared and signed Bynum.

I really wanna see Chicago and Pacers play each other in playoffs or even Wizards who can throw Gortat and Nene at Hibbert and West. Pacers should still win but both teams will give them fits IMHO.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Pacers can beat Heat bc of the huge advantage at Center. Hibbert becomes Shaq lite against Bosh and Anderson.

But, if Oden can play 15-18 minutes - IMO Hibbert goes back to being Hibbert for almost half of his time on court. He's below average offensively and a below average rebounder. Then Pacers look very beatable. That's why Bird got scared and signed Bynum.

I really wanna see Chicago and Pacers play each other in playoffs or even Wizards who can throw Gortat and Nene at Hibbert and West. Pacers should still win but both teams will give them fits IMHO.

Hibbert is the most overrated center in the league by far. A competent defensive center can shut him down. But the pacers are a deep ass team.

Lol at people counting the pacers out
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Let them doubt, Marsh.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Hibbert is the most overrated center in the league by far. A competent defensive center can shut him down. But the pacers are a deep ass team.

They're not a deep team. Their bench scoring is below average.

But, they have a great starting 5 (one of the best IMO) - and they're built to beat Miami. PG was handed the title of Super-star after a great month of November...and he returned to 2012-2013 levels in January and Feb. That led to Larry Bird panicking and making too many changes. Maybe that's enough time to gel together and build the chemistry...(history has shown it's not) but those moves alone show that Pacers are worried. We'll see how it works out...still too early to say anything.

I still feel the series against Miami will come down a few plays here and there. It should be a great series. Miami have their own issues...they MUST keep Wade and Oden healthy. Without those guys contributing - Pacers will be extremely tough to beat.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lol...no one is counting them out.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

Let them doubt, Marsh.

They still have the best record in the league...and they're built to beat the Heat - so I'm hardly doubting them. I do think after talking all year about no.1 seed (btw, a really bad mistake by Vogel - who IMO is a great great coach) - it'll be nerve-wrecking for the Pacers and their fans to not get it. That's all.
Share 49ersWebzone