LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 367 users in the forums

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

• vaden
  • Veteran
St. Louis is the better team and big favorites in this series but I think they're catching Pitt at the wrong time. Bucs in 4.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:
St. Louis is the better team and big favorites in this series but I think they're catching Pitt at the wrong time. Bucs in 4.

How do you figure? Because they won one game? Haha, Cardinals have been 8-2 over their last 10.

I understand everyone is pulling for the underdog, but I just can't see them winning this series.
Originally posted by jrg:

How do you figure? Because they won one game? Haha, Cardinals have been 8-2 over their last 10.

I understand everyone is pulling for the underdog, but I just can't see them winning this series.

They can beat you with their pitching and now they actually have a decent offense and took the season series from you guys as well. St Louis will probably win the series but I wouldnt be shocked at all if Pitt won
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jrg:

They can beat you with their pitching and now they actually have a decent offense and took the season series from you guys as well. St Louis will probably win the series but I wouldnt be shocked at all if Pitt won

And don't forget Pittsburgh is also seen as a darkhorse and are considered dangerous.
INTERMISSION NEWS AND NOTES

-The Braves are going to leave Dan Uggla behind due to his horrendous BA. He did have the power (22 HR) but hitting .179 is not acceptable.

-Bartolo Colon and Max Scherzer will be facing each other in Game 1.

-The Red Sox seem to be having Lester and Lackey to pitch the first two games of their series. I guess pushing Buchholz to Game 3 is the smart thing to do-something the Reds should have learned with starting Cueto.

-The big deal is Matt Kemp's absence will have an effect on the Dodgers-highly doubt it because they are doing just fine.
Originally posted by robniner:

-The Braves are going to leave Dan Uggla behind due to his horrendous BA. He did have the power (22 HR) but hitting .179 is not acceptable.

-The Red Sox seem to be having Lester and Lackey to pitch the first two games of their series. I guess pushing Buchholz to Game 3 is the smart thing to do-something the Reds should have learned with starting Cueto.

-The big deal is Matt Kemp's absence will have an effect on the Dodgers-highly doubt it because they are doing just fine.

The Dodgers played most of they year without Kemp, him being out is not even a big deal, its a bigger deal if Andre Ethier cant play

The Dodgers played most of they year without Kemp, him being out is not even a big deal, its a bigger deal if Andre Ethier cant play

Ethier.........what the hell happened to him? Is he on a sudden decline? More than likely will be the odd man out whenever Kemp gets healthy and Puig is a fixture in the outfield.

Ethier.........what the hell happened to him? Is he on a sudden decline? More than likely will be the odd man out whenever Kemp gets healthy and Puig is a fixture in the outfield.
he is hurt... sounds like he is only gonna be able to pinch hit the first two games, he hopes to be able to play CF in game 3
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM ]

he is hurt

Is that how he played this year because his hitting was subpar.

he is hurt

Is that how he played this year because his hitting was subpar.

Dont know, all I know is he has been hurt for most of the month of September and he is available to pinch hit the first 2 games but thats it

Steelers about to have it tough playing second fiddle if they don't play decent ball in October and not win a game. The city is going to go PirateMania and it will only get worse from there if they go to the LCS.
With the Braves roster set, your starters will probably go

1. Minor
2. Medlen
3. Teheran

On paper, the Dodgers have the advantage in this

1. Kershaw
2. Grienke
3. Ryu

A Teheran -Ryu matchup is intriguing but the two others pretty much go L.A.

Would have prefer to go up against Burnett and Cole in Games 1 and 2. Teheran vs. Liriano would have been fun to watch.
With the Braves roster set, your starters will probably go

1. Minor
2. Medlen
3. Teheran

On paper, the Dodgers have the advantage in this

1. Kershaw
2. Grienke
3. Ryu

A Teheran -Ryu matchup is intriguing but the two others pretty much go L.A.

Would have prefer to go up against Burnett and Cole in Games 1 and 2. Teheran vs. Liriano would have been fun to watch.

Braves rotation is
Medlen
Minor
Teheran
Garcia
Braves will be lucky to score 3 runs in 2 games against Kershaw and Greinke.
caught something quick this morning about the pirates fans harassing Votto's wife. Anyone hear about this?
Share 49ersWebzone