LISTEN: 49ers Master The Later Rounds Of The Draft →

There are 156 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
He could on occasion depending on who the opponent is but there is no way he could be a full time PF. Can you imagine him trying to guard Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph, or Lamarcus Aldridge? (Not that Lee is great either but he at least as a chance) He is barely over 200 pounds and would just get hammered night in and night out.

I hear that but wouldn't other aspects of his game out weigh the occasional mismatch ?

From what I gather the NBA is trending more to a "small ball" type game where more athletic small bigs.

Look at Thaddeus Young from philly

Very similar build as Barnes. I think Barnes has more skill.

Barnes would be the only 205 pd PF in the league and would get destroyed most nights on the boards and defending guys much bigger than him. Sure, he would present some quickness issues at times but it would be bad overall.
Barnes should never be playing PF unless we really wanna play Nelly ball lol
Maybe Iggy since he seems a lot stronger and is an elite defender. But he'd still be undersized.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Barnes should never be playing PF unless we really wanna play Nelly ball lol
Maybe Iggy since he seems a lot stronger and is an elite defender. But he'd still be undersized.

Barnes looks pretty lost out there right now too and just hasnt played well for several games.
Curry played almost the perfect half. 8 assists to 1 turnover. Love it
Up 18 at the half. The Iguodala Effect!
I know it's a beat up Pelicans team, but it looks like the dubs responded to Jackson calling them out. They're playing with a lot of energy and pushing the tempo after practically every Pelicans' miss. Love seeing that.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Up 18 at the half. The Iguodala Effect!

That and not playing Houston and instead playing NO without Anthony Davis.
dre makes such a big difference for the dubs
That and not playing Houston and instead playing NO without Anthony Davis.

That too.
The fan hitting the 3 between the 3rd and 4th qtrs made my night.

Dude swished it and won free groceries for a year.

Reminded me of my dad and I seeing 2 different people hitting half-court shots one season, and winning BMWs.

Reminiscent of earlier this season when the Dubs would be up by 20+, empty the bench in the 4th and then watch the lead shrink all the way to where starters have to come back in. Some of the backups (like Green) are solid players when they come in to spell a starter, but them all out on the floor at once and they suck a**.

And did anyone catch Jim Barnett explaining why teams should more often use a big man to use his dribble in order to set up a (slightly moving) screen for the guy he hands the ball to? Best color man in the NBA, wish he'd stick around for a couple more seasons.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:
dre makes such a big difference for the dubs

He's the glue that brings everything together. We don't need to bench Klay or trade Lee just yet.
Originally posted by Garcia:
He could on occasion depending on who the opponent is but there is no way he could be a full time PF. Can you imagine him trying to guard Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph, or Lamarcus Aldridge? (Not that Lee is great either but he at least as a chance) He is barely over 200 pounds and would just get hammered night in and night out.

I hear that but wouldn't other aspects of his game out weigh the occasional mismatch ?

From what I gather the NBA is trending more to a "small ball" type game where more athletic small bigs.

Look at Thaddeus Young from philly

Very similar build as Barnes. I think Barnes has more skill.

bad comparison. the west is much more competitive than the east. don't just look at the stats.
we played an "unibrowless" pelicans team.. i'm not gonna get too excited lol
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
we played an "unibrowless" pelicans team.. i'm not gonna get too excited lol

You always speak the truth
Share 49ersWebzone