LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 132 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Question:

Was Evans moved because Mclemore presents essentially the same type of player, and they can at least get some value for him now?

My confidence in the Kings' leadership is very minimal.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Question:

Was Evans moved because Mclemore presents essentially the same type of player, and they can at least get some value for him now?

Evans was let go because Mclemore and Evans are completely opposite players.
Mclemore fits so much better with Cousins and really any team you'd try and build.

What this move shows is they've given the keys to the franchise to Demarcus Cousins.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Question:

Mclemore fits so much better with Cousins and really any team you'd try and build.

What this move shows is they've given the keys to the franchise to Demarcus Cousins.

I was under the impression that Cousins wants out... no?
Question:

Nope
Question:

Nope

If Cousins can get his head on straight, he's one of the best C in the league. Hopefully, they can get it together this year... (or they get the Andrew Wiggins pick next year).
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
DMC is the best player on your team lol

This lets Mclemore take over at SG, you guys get a good pass first PG that you guys really need, especially for McLemore to be successful, and a decent back up center.You guys don't need Tyreke now that you have Mclemore

Ha, you obviously don't watch much Kings basketball. DMC was not the best player on the team last year. He has the most offensive potential but best player, not even close lol.

Unless you consider someone who plays bad defense, is extremely ineffecient offensively, always in foul trouble, constantly hurting the team with stupid technicals and who sometimes doesn't show up for games at a time the best player on the team

This trade is crap
[ Edited by TTown9ers on Jul 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
DMC is the best player on your team lol

This lets Mclemore take over at SG, you guys get a good pass first PG that you guys really need, especially for McLemore to be successful, and a decent back up center.You guys don't need Tyreke now that you have Mclemore

Ha, you obviously don't watch much Kings basketball. DMC was not the best player on the team last year. He has the most offensive potential but best player, not even close lol.

Unless you consider someone who plays bad defense, is extremely ineffecient offensively, always in foul trouble and who sometimes doesn't show up for games at a time the best player on the team

This trade is crap

Evans isn't worth 10-11 mill a year and he doesn't quite fit as a PG, so for us it was a good trade
Question:

Marsh is correct. Also, NO overpaid for him from Sac's point of view. They gave him the tender because the Kings were semi-interested in seeing how Reke could fit in, and I think they were interested in his untapped potential (especially on defense). PDA (the GM) pegged him at 8-9 a year, not 11. The more I think about it, the more I like the move. Reke didn't fit in with this team. Where would he play? At point probably, but he is a natural scorer. He doesn't move the ball, thus, it would hurt McLemore's development a lot.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Question:

Marsh is correct. Also, NO overpaid for him from Sac's point of view. They gave him the tender because the Kings were semi-interested in seeing how Reke could fit in, and I think they were interested in his untapped potential (especially on defense). PDA (the GM) pegged him at 8-9 a year, not 11. The more I think about it, the more I like the move. Reke didn't fit in with this team. Where would he play? At point probably, but he is a natural scorer. He doesn't move the ball, thus, it would hurt McLemore's development a lot.

agreed, Vasquez will make Mclemore 2X better than Tyreke would
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Evans isn't worth 10-11 mill a year and he doesn't quite fit as a PG, so for us it was a good trade

I disagree. You should look at the list of NBA players in the league currently making 10-11 m/year. Tyreke is as good or better than many of them. As far as the PG thing goes, we'll see.

Everyone seems to be clamoring for the all mighty pass first PG. Take a look at the teams that have won championships over the past decade and look at how many had this all mighty pass first pg.

My main problem with the trade is we appear to have done it to clear cap space. Been there, done that before. FAs don't want to play here so acquiring cap space for a small market team is worthless most of the time.

Time will tell. I hope I'm completely wrong and it all works out, but as of now I see this as a terrible start for the new regime.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Question:

agreed, Vasquez will make Mclemore 2X better than Tyreke would

Dunno if Vasquez is THE answer, but I can see why they let Reke go--he's got a scorer mentality, but he can only consistently score by driving. He got little or no outside shot. He supposedly worked on it these past couple years, but still shoots a fall-away jumper from 15 to 20 feet out when nobody's on him, and not surprisingly, he misses. A lot.

I liked his heart, and he was very good defensively when he wanted to be. But until he corrects that jumper, learns to go straight up and not fall away, he's gonna struggle on offense. So not worth what NO is gonna pay him. IMHO.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
We should try to make a move for Harrison Barnes.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Draft thomas Robinson at 5 they said

He's the most nba ready they said
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

f**king retards

f**king retards

Jason Thompson for Barnes? Lol?
Share 49ersWebzone