There are 148 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

• Jiks
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Man I hope so. I'm still a bit worried about our scoring.

Same, but I feel like we are going to try to counter our lack of scoring by playing straight defense while giving the reigns to younger guys like Hood and Mitchell to be the scoring threats. Udoh, Jerebko, Thabo are all contracts that are tradeable and should give us leeway to make some noise next offseason.

Or... We could go get Love. I think having Rubio could really benefit him. Unlikely but I wouldn't complain one bit.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Man I hope so. I'm still a bit worried about our scoring.

Same, but I feel like we are going to try to counter our lack of scoring by playing straight defense while giving the reigns to younger guys like Hood and Mitchell to be the scoring threats. Udoh, Jerebko, Thabo are all contracts that are tradeable and should give us leeway to make some noise next offseason.

Or... We could go get Love. I think having Rubio could really benefit him. Unlikely but I wouldn't complain one bit.

I honestly think they were close to a deal, and it stopped once NY hired their new GM. Love makes so much sense for Utah, it's crazy. If anything happens I think it will be at the deadline.
Windhorst reported yesterday that hes got info that the Jazz are about to make a big move. It has to be Love, right?

Cavs about to blow it up when LeBron leaves, we need a scoring forward to replace the Hayward void, Love has the Rubio connection, etc.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 14, 2017 at 6:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Windhorst reported yesterday that hes got info that the Jazz are about to make a big move. It has to be Love, right?

Cavs about to blow it up when LeBron leaves, we need a scoring forward to replace the Hayward void, Love has the Rubio connection, etc.

It absolutely has to be Love. With the moves the Jazz made the other day, they were setting it up for a Love trade. Udoh will back up Gobert, which is something Favors did most of last year. Favors isn't the best fit next to Gobert and now you have no need to play him at the 5. He lost a lot of value on this team. I honestly think Favors and Joe Johnson were on the way out.

With NY hiring a new GM any deal will have to wait.
Eric Griffin and Royce O'Neale were both signed today. Griffin gets a two way contract while Royce gets his first year fully guaranteed. This gives us 17 players, with 15 having fully guaranteed contracts (Bolomboy is partial, Neto is non guaranteed).

I'm wondering if Bolomboy will be released now. He was terrible in summer league and they've brought in a lot of players who can push him out.
  • Jiks
The thing that confuses me with Bolomboy is that he played great in the D-league, does playing poor in summer league really overtake playing well in a better dlegue?
Originally posted by Jiks:
The thing that confuses me with Bolomboy is that he played great in the D-league, does playing poor in summer league really overtake playing well in a better dlegue?

I think it's that he hasn't improved. He plays like a center in a forwards body. The other guys they've brought in offer versatility. I'm sure they'll battle it out for the final spots though. I just can't see him sticking around.
Holy crap Donovan Mitchell is sick. Damn you guys draft well. Congrats... even those who wish injury on Lebron
Favors, Rubio and Burks for Irving?

How amazing would it be if this was the move Windhorst was talking about? Love would be great, but Kyrie would be franchise changing.

How amazing would it be if this was the move Windhorst was talking about? Love would be great, but Kyrie would be franchise changing.

He really would. He'd probably hate being in Utah but man talk about a way to replace Hayward.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jul 22, 2017 at 11:10 AM ]

He really would. He'd probably hate being in Utah but man talk about a way to replace Hayward.

Utah is a very nice place to live. Its just getting past the initial stigma that creates difficulties. Once guys play there, they like it.

NBA players can live wherever they want in the offseason, and party it up on the road for half the season. If you cant handle a half seasons worth of living in a nice area that doesn't have any raging parties, you might have a problem.

Utah is a very nice place to live. Its just getting past the initial stigma that creates difficulties. Once guys play there, they like it.

NBA players can live wherever they want in the offseason, and party it up on the road for half the season. If you cant handle a half seasons worth of living in a nice area that doesn't have any raging parties, you might have a problem.

Oh i know, but that stigma really affects people's opinions and I can see Kyrie wanting to go to a big market team after his contract expires. Still, for a couple years it would be great.
Utah Jazz will be getting a gold to orange jersey this year.

No idea how it would look, but I'm prepared to hate it. I can see it looking a lot like the suns orange jersey.

At this point, I just want these back:
While there have been many who have insinuated that this must be the gold jersey of what was rumored, from what we have been told this is completely different than the rumored gold jersey that was reported by Andy Larsen.

So if this is true, they're getting a gold jersey and a gold-to-orange jersey

But why?
Share 49ersWebzone