There are 223 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

What a horrible game. Parker's streak was going to end eventually and I guess it's better now than in the playoffs. Oh well lets get em tonight.
boring game
Salmon
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Salmon

Angels need to stop pretending like they care about winning
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Salmon

Angels need to stop pretending like they care about winning

That's what I'm saying bruuuuh get dat draft picks cuuuhzz
Donaldson ftw!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

lol
world war z?

Bullpen issues still hanging around. This team better be running on all cylinders in the post-season, but I gotta admit it concerns me that the offense, starting pitching, bullpen and defense haven't has a sustained period yet this year when they've all been on their top performance level.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM ]

What a waste. We suck in day games
Balfour and Cook have combined to allow 14 runs, 35 hits and 14 walks spanning 21 2/3 innings since Aug. 16.

um wtf
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Balfour and Cook have combined to allow 14 runs, 35 hits and 14 walks spanning 21 2/3 innings since Aug. 16.

um wtf

make it stawp
Like I said a week or so ago, Melvin is going to have a tough decision to make re: Balfour in the playoffs. Even now when he does get saves, it's like a 30-pitch war of attrition for one inning of work, seems like he gets a 3-ball count on every batter. I think it would be a lot easier decision if Cook were lights-out right now, but since he's struggling, too, does he stick with Balfour as "THE" closer? Or does he just go by his gut and use any of Balfour, Cook, Doolittle?

First things first though, so just win the division already.
Magic # is 5. The division is a foregone conclusion at this point, barring an epic collapse. Even when the team struggled out of the All-Star break they didn't have a crazy long losing streak.
Share 49ersWebzone