LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 251 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Won't get home until way after the game starts tomorrow, so I'm imposing a self ban from the thread until tomorrow night. Let's go, gents. Win just one for the gipper.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Jazz would've put up more of a fight.

Was just thinking thank goodness our season is over. And not so sure about that. Last season we didn't have the lead once the entire series.

Hey they are a deeper team than the lakers are. Favors, Milsap, Kanter, and Jefferson could challenge Duncan and Splitter. Howard is good but my god he is the 2nd worst ft shooter i have ever seen. Pau will always be a good offensive player and a good passer, but he is the softest bigman in the NBA.
It doesnt look good for us Lakers fans today. But im still hoping they find a way not to get swept today. This turned out to be a disaster of a season but just wish they win one for Laker pride here at home.

Go Lakers Go!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by GameOver:

New Nike Ad

Not gonna lie, I teared up

Im with ya Man.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Jazz would've put up more of a fight.

Was just thinking thank goodness our season is over. And not so sure about that. Last season we didn't have the lead once the entire series.

Hey they are a deeper team than the lakers are. Favors, Milsap, Kanter, and Jefferson could challenge Duncan and Splitter. Howard is good but my god he is the 2nd worst ft shooter i have ever seen. Pau will always be a good offensive player and a good passer, but he is the softest bigman in the NBA.

so the Jazz would've put up more of a fight than the Lakers missing Kobe, Nash, Blake, Meeks, and MWP? No s**t
watch the lakers win for no reason, lol. It would be like them to win a game against a great team like SA when they're missing all of their stars. This season has been a mess for LA
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

New Nike Ad

Not gonna lie, I teared up

Damn that was sick
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
so upcoming FAs:

DHoward
Antawn
Meeks (team option)
Clark
Ebanks (R)
Morris (R)
Sacre (R)
Mini-mamba (R)

Good thing is, Metta, Pau, have 2 more years. So they can be traded next year to a team that is trying to rebuild, since they will also have expiring contracts.

There's some good FAs that are gonna be available this year. It would be possible to trade Pau and Metta, and be able to sign somebody like Josh Smith.

Also, a lot of other good roll players and starters at the guard position.

We have to keep Dwight obviously and I'd like us to keep Clark. We can keep Meeks if we can't get another shooter on the market for the mini-mid level (Kyle Korver, I'm looking at you). Otherwise, we're kind of f**ked. Mitch would have to make something happen with Pau and/or MWPs contracts if he wants to change this roster. Also, Nash is looking like he might be done in the sense that his problems aren't going to go away. Retirement might be on the horizon for him.

MWP has a player option for $7 mill or so next year. We should tell him that we'll amnesty him if he takes the option, that way we can resign him for the veterans minimum (I don't think anyone is giving him more than that...really no one should).

Ya, we do have to keep Howard now. Clark would be okay to keep if he can come cheap, he's way to inconsistent to make anything above 3-4 mil. As far as Meeks goes, we can surely upgrade him, he was also very inconsistent from 3pt and looked lost on defense half the time.

We can pick up some good guards this year, guys like Jarret Jack, DJ Augstine, Stuckey, Devin Harris, Aaron Brooks. Brandon Jennings should be at the top of the list for any team looking for a starting PG as well. Mayo, Tony Allen, Kevin Martin, also won't be to expensive they are all upgrades over any of our bench players.
6 point game after 1
It's not a 6 point game anymore

Dwight wanted to start his off-season an hour earlier.
if you don't think Kobe is coming back from this injury then you're insane....coaching from his crutches in street clothes
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Dwight wanted to start his off-season an hour earlier.

can't blame him
and that's all she wrote for this nightmare
Absolutely atrocious. Going to be a long night for Laker fans.
Share 49ersWebzone