LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 174 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
While Mark Jackson might be basketball's version of Mike SIngletary, I blame Andrew Bogut's health as the #1 reason we suck right now.

Without Bogut playing at the All-Star level he was playing at in 2010-2011, we are basically a 35 win team. It's that simple.
[ Edited by crzy on Nov 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
While Mark Jackson might be basketball's version of Mike SIngletary, I blame Andrew Bogut's health as the #1 reason we suck right now.

Without Bogut playing at the All-Star level he was playing at in 2010-2011, we are basically a 35 win team. It's that simple.

I agree
I sad this before the season started, with Bogut we can be a playoff team, without him we'll suck
Warriors should fire Mark Jackson and hire Phil Jackson. He might want want to get back at the Lakers.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by crzy:

I agree
I sad this before the season started, with Bogut we can be a playoff team, without him we'll suck

This. We traded our best player for Bogut. We're going to suck as long as nobody fills that void
I missed the OT loss (for my sanity, thank goodness) and I know it's probably easy to blame Mark Jackson, but it looks like the loss can go to those missed free throws late in the game and Klay chuckin shots. Does he lead the league in 3pt attempts?

Edit:: Klay leads the NBA in 3 pt attempts with 52. Almost half of the shots he's attempted have been in 3 pt range.
[ Edited by SF69ers on Nov 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM ]
http://www.nba.com/games/20121110/DENGSW/gameinfo.html

There we go.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/video?PID=hXWM2-K4B00YgoNr1UYdh3q5t_iOEYk_j3j8tV

Klay should shake this off and get back into groove. No excuse for not hustling. None whatsoever.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Nov 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM ]
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
http://www.nba.com/games/20121110/DENGSW/gameinfo.html
There we go.

Klay should shake this off and get back into groove. No excuse for not hustling. None whatsoever.

I didnt hear or see anything about Klay not hustling. He missed key free throws and failed to foul when he should have but that is it as far as I know. Where did you see that he wasnt hustling?
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I missed the OT loss (for my sanity, thank goodness) and I know it's probably easy to blame Mark Jackson, but it looks like the loss can go to those missed free throws late in the game and Klay chuckin shots. Does he lead the league in 3pt attempts?

Edit:: Klay leads the NBA in 3 pt attempts with 52. Almost half of the shots he's attempted have been in 3 pt range.

He can stroke it. But his midrange J is smooth, and his first step (while not the quickest) is effective. But the last thing that I'd wanna do is make him aware of this stat. As a shooter, he need to keep his confidence level high. Gallinari has had a terrible year shooting the rock. Started 0-10 against us on Saturday night. But he made Big buckets down the stretch. He kept firing it up there until he made a few.
Originally posted by DaDDieO:

He can stroke it. But his midrange J is smooth, and his first step (while not the quickest) is effective. But the last thing that I'd wanna do is make him aware of this stat. As a shooter, he need to keep his confidence level high. Gallinari has had a terrible year shooting the rock. Started 0-10 against us on Saturday night. But he made Big buckets down the stretch. He kept firing it up there until he made a few.

Thanks for the note. I missed that game so I really couldn't say how Klay looked. All I saw was that his shooting percentage was pretty low and he missed some crucial free throws, same with Landry. From what I've read, defense was just sloppy towards the end. Looked like our players were getting real tired. It's a shame that Jackson doesn't like playing Jenkins, who's a pretty good defender, or even have Barnes out there longer.
Klay and Curry have a habit of getting themselves into foul trouble early by reaching/getting beat. Neither of them are slow or sluggish overall. But they aren't track stars either. These dudes just don't seem to have the gift of quickness, in order to react to their opponents' drives. We won't go far until they can really make up for these shortcomings somehow.

I like how Jackson (or Malone) went with a more defensive unit after timeouts late in the game on Saturday (Jenkins, Green, Jefferson, etc). But that could only work really late in games where you have enough timeouts to get them on and/or get the scorers off the floor.

Klay and Curry have a habit of getting themselves into foul trouble early by reaching/getting beat. Neither of them are slow or sluggish overall. But they aren't track stars either. These dudes just don't seem to have the gift of quickness, in order to react to their opponents' drives. We won't go far until they can really make up for these shortcomings somehow.

I like how Jackson (or Malone) went with a more defensive unit after timeouts late in the game on Saturday (Jenkins, Green, Jefferson, etc). But that could only work really late in games where you have enough timeouts to get them on and/or get the scorers off the floor.

we need to get Jenkins some PT. 1 minute a game is not good enough, especially for a guy that performed well for us last season.

we need to get Jenkins some PT. 1 minute a game is not good enough, especially for a guy that performed well for us last season.

Klay played 55 minutes the other night. WAY too many . Jackson needs to get Jenkins in the game and not go nuts with the minutes to Klay or Curry. Tired legs results in missed shots down the stretch.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Klay played 55 minutes the other night. WAY too many . Jackson needs to get Jenkins in the game and not go nuts with the minutes to Klay or Curry. Tired legs results in missed shots down the stretch.

THIS!!! Thank you!!

So early in the season and Jackson has Curry playing 35 minutes a game. Jeez...
Just heard on the radio that Bogut may be out longer than the 7-10 days previously announced
Just heard on the radio that Bogut may be out longer than the 7-10 days previously announced

(#*$()#&QW$()Q@#&890ji
Share 49ersWebzone