LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 149 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

I didn't see the game, but the highlights that they showed on SportsCenter showcasing the "dirty" play was minimal at best. Anyone have a link to a compilation of the supposed dirty plays from yesterday? I'm sure one has been made by now along with a corresponding conspiracy theory.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I didn't see the game, but the highlights that they showed on SportsCenter showcasing the "dirty" play was minimal at best. Anyone have a link to a compilation of the supposed dirty plays from yesterday? I'm sure one has been made by now along with a corresponding conspiracy theory.

tried searching for a video, but couldn't find one yet. most of the ones on Curry came from Faried and Koufos.

People will only spend that quality of time if the Lakers, Yankees, or Patriots are involved. Otherwise, it's a "meh"...

Outside of one elbow I saw Curry take, I thought it was all fine FWIW
Originally posted by GameOver:

People will only spend that quality of time if the Lakers, Yankees, or Patriots are involved. Otherwise, it's a "meh"...

If they wanted to be rough with him and foul hard all game, so be it. It's playoff basketball. I'd have no problem with that at all.

It's the fact that Faried went for the ankle that I thought was busch league, and I believe that's what Jackson was referring to when he said he had "sources" apolgizing for it and saying they did not sign off on that. And I think I heard that Faried said he wasn't aware of Curry's ankle problems? That's such a load of s**t.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

If they wanted to be rough with him and foul hard all game, so be it. It's playoff basketball. I'd have no problem with that at all.

It's the fact that Faried went for the ankle that I thought was busch league, and I believe that's what Jackson was referring to when he said he had "sources" apolgizing for it and saying they did not sign off on that. And I think I heard that Faried said he wasn't aware of Curry's ankle problems? That's such a load of s**t.

They call Faried the "manimal" because of his ferocity in the paint and his intensity. That dude throws elbows all the damn time. He got a hard screen from Bogut and dude complained like we've been targeting him the whole game!
Every yr I get hatred for a specific player, this year without question it's faried's b**ch ass
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Every yr I get hatred for a specific player, this year without question it's faried's b**ch ass

Lawson telling the media that the Warriors need to "man up" got me heated too. It's like, dude, u said that right after your dumbass teammate, McGee, was b***hing about Bogut.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

They call Faried the "manimal" because of his ferocity in the paint and his intensity. That dude throws elbows all the damn time. He got a hard screen from Bogut and dude complained like we've been targeting him the whole game!

I didn't see the hard screen on him, but I believe after he tried to trip Curry in the VERY beginning of the game—I think it occurred on like the 1st or 2nd possession of the game—we did target him. Bogut's "hit" to the throat was obviously retaliation, and whether or not Green was being rough or not can be debated.

Either way, I was really happy that Bogut retaliated and knocked Faried on his ass. It showed that this team has each others backs, and that if you try to pull a cheap shot on our best player, it won't go unnoticed. I also just love the tenacity that this team has. They're a tough, physical bunch that won't just roll over if they don't like what a team is doing. Case in point the Rockets game where we started to foul before the Rockets could break the record.

Also, it would make me the happiest person in the world if the Warriors blow the Nuggets out next game and Curry goes for 40. I have a feeling he hasn't been this motivated in a long, long time.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
f**k Lawson
Bogut needs to go Mick Dundee on Faried: "that's not an elbow..."

Mark Jackson just trying to win over favor for next game

hyperbole
Too much complaining on both sides, just play ball.
edit
[ Edited by YungAce on May 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Mark Jackson just trying to win over favor for next game

hyperbole

This. He was just looking for the refs to protect Steph next game and get the hometown calls. I dont think the Nuggets were dirty. The refs on the other hand............... LOL
Share 49ersWebzone