LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 384 users in the forums

**The Miami HEAT - 2011-2012 NBA CHAMPIONS**

A great start which I expected. The only question marks are the same. Is their front line good enough against the big, good front lines? At times it wasn't last year. Can they finish in the finals and 4th quarter? No question about the talent level and how they started. No question what they should do this year. But will they?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yea...that was one hell of a play. Lebron played amazing yesterday. He now has some post-game, showed a lot of mid-range game, and didn't let up. Looks like someone finally realized that off-season is to work on your deficiencies.

I know it's only 1 game, but Lebron showed improvement in almost every weakness of his game (even 3-pt shot - he has a tendency to settle for too many of those, and yesterday he didn't even attempt one). I strongly believe, Lebron James will have his best season in 2011-2012.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Dec 26, 2011 at 2:08 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Yea...that was one hell of a play. Lebron played amazing yesterday. He now has some post-game, showed a lot of mid-range game, and didn't let up. Looks like someone finally realized that off-season is to work on your deficiencies.

I know it's only 1 game, but Lebron showed improvement in almost every weakness of his game (even 3-pt shot - he has a tendency to settle for too many of those, and yesterday he didn't even attempt one). I strongly believe, Lebron James will have his best season in 2011-2012.

Maybe he will. Let's see how he does when they get to the Finals and in the 4th quarter.... They will reach it IMO. The Celtics are old, the Knicks are real good and dangerous but not enough to overcome the Heat IMO, the Bulls were handled pretty easily by putting Lebron on Rose as a shut down defender. I don't see anybody in the East beating them. I think the Knicks may be the best matchup.

Lebron and the Heat CAN WIN. It's just a matter of Lebron BELIEVING it! He has to believe to perform in the 4th quarter.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Maybe he will. Let's see how he does when they get to the Finals and in the 4th quarter.... They will reach it IMO. The Celtics are old, the Knicks are real good and dangerous but not enough to overcome the Heat IMO, the Bulls were handled pretty easily by putting Lebron on Rose as a shut down defender. I don't see anybody in the East beating them. I think the Knicks may be the best matchup.

Lebron and the Heat CAN WIN. It's just a matter of Lebron BELIEVING it! He has to believe to perform in the 4th quarter.

I was strictly speaking of James game. He has worked very hard on his game this off-season, and one can see the result.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cole stole the show against the Celtics. Looks like Heat got themselves a keeper. Have been very impressed with this rook. If he can continue to improve, it will make a HUGE difference for the Heat in the post-season. Chalmers is strictly a defensive PG but Cole is not only a good defender, but looks to have an offensive game as well.

Great start to the season.
Cole stole the show against the Celtics. Looks like Heat got themselves a keeper. Have been very impressed with this rook. If he can continue to improve, it will make a HUGE difference for the Heat in the post-season. Chalmers is strictly a defensive PG but Cole is not only a good defender, but looks to have an offensive game as well.

Cole reminds me a bit of JJ Barea. He can drive in the lane and break down the defense and create his own or pass. If you have that it makes the Heat deadly. They didn't have that last year in a PG. He's much better than I expected so far.

Chalmers isn't strictly a defensive PG.

Only a team from Miami would do this....GO HEAT!
[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Dec 28, 2011 at 10:18 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Chalmers isn't strictly a defensive PG.

How would you rate his offensive game? He can hit an occasional 3, but other than that - he is useless on offense.
How would you rate his offensive game? He can hit an occasional 3, but other than that - he is useless on offense.

I think he's a decent dribble penetrator when given the chance (like in last year's Finals), it's just that he's not asked to do that very often because of the other guys on the team. I'm not saying that he's a great offensive player or anything, but he's a solid, 35-40% catch & shoot 3 point guy who can beat his guy off of the dribble he's asked to. When you combine that with his elite PG defense, I think he's a very good role player. I'd love to have him as the Lakers' PG.

BTW, you're right...Cole does look legit.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Dec 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM ]

• 4ML
  • Veteran

I think he's a decent dribble penetrator when given the chance (like in last year's Finals), it's just that he's not asked to do that very often because of the other guys on the team. I'm not saying that he's a great offensive player or anything, but he's a solid, 35-40% catch & shoot 3 point guy who can beat his guy off of the dribble he's asked to. When you combine that with his elite PG defense, I think he's a very good role player. I'd love to have him as the Lakers' PG.

BTW, you're right...Cole does look legit.

That's a fair analysis. He can do those things, and he did 'em in his rookie year but it seems like he regressed offensively since. I mean, he struggled in his 2nd year before Lebron and Bosh joined. His J has improved a bit, but that is mostly to do with gettin' wide open shots last season. I too will define him as a role player and is a decent starter for a team with 3 (err 2.5) stars. Fisher is pretty clutch and is a heady player - but yea - I'll take Chalmers over Fisher for first 45 minutes of the game.

I really like what I've seen from Cole. He sometimes tries to do too much, perfectly normal for a rookie off the bench. But, I like his mind-set he has shown in 2 regular season games and 1 half of preseason game that I've seen.
Damn, can't believer neither Wade nor James has attempted a single 3 this year. Pretty scary when they're both this aggressive.
Originally posted by andes14:
Damn, can't believer neither Wade nor James has attempted a single 3 this year. Pretty scary when they're both this aggressive.

I think LBJ is making a statement - that this year he's not going to stand around the perimeter in the 4th quarters of the most important games of his life.... these first 3 games have not been. Let's see if he keeps this up.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I think LBJ is making a statement - that this year he's not going to stand around the perimeter in the 4th quarters of the most important games of his life.... these first 3 games have not been. Let's see if he keeps this up.

I still think he's a weenie for having the luxury of standing in the corner while Wade wins the game. That's what happened in Charlotte.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I still think he's a weenie for having the luxury of standing in the corner while Wade wins the game. That's what happened in Charlotte.

Check his $tats
Share 49ersWebzone