There are 188 users in the forums

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

God I wish we would just be proactive and make this move for Paul.

Im SOOOO glad we arent getting Chandler now. Dude is going to be making 5-8 mil more than hes worth. Glad its not us giving him that kind of money.

Monta, Klay and Udoh for Paul.

Curry and Lee for Howard.

Championship.

Or we can do nothing, and be content with being a 7-10 seed for the next decade.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Im SOOOO glad we arent getting Chandler now. Dude is going to be making 5-8 mil more than hes worth. Glad its not us giving him that kind of money.

Championship.

Or we can do nothing, and be content with being a 7-10 seed for the next decade.

Chris Paul is not coming here unless we sign Tyson Chandler first. Paul has already stated that he'd be far more likely to sign an extension if he was playing with Tyson.
[ Edited by crzy on Dec 8, 2011 at 11:39 AM ]
Originally posted by crzy:

Championship.

Chris Paul is not coming here unless we sign Tyson Chandler first. Paul has already stated that he'd be far more likely to sign an extension if he was playing with Tyson.

I doubt he would ever sign an extension even if we had Chandler. The guy wants to play on the big stage either in NY or LA. There isnt a chance in hell I would ever make that deal unless I had a signature and an extension. Otherwise it is stupidity.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Championship.

I doubt he would ever sign an extension even if we had Chandler. The guy wants to play on the big stage either in NY or LA. There isnt a chance in hell I would ever make that deal unless I had a signature and an extension. Otherwise it is stupidity.

If we were able to land Howard too, both would sign extensions. No question. Extensions or not, its time to take a chance.

Lacob promised major changes. Signing Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan or Nene is NOT a indication of major changes. Lets make it happen.

Championship.

If we were able to land Howard too, both would sign extensions. No question. Extensions or not, its time to take a chance.

Lacob promised major changes. Signing Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan or Nene is NOT a indication of major changes. Lets make it happen.

Seriously, can I have whatever you are smoking. It must be some really good stuff.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
For real dude. This is real life. Not NBA 2k12.

Championship.

Seriously, can I have whatever you are smoking. It must be some really good stuff.

This was the only appropriate response.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Championship.

Can you guys be serious for a second.....what part of what I said is THAT unrealistic?

Getting Chris Paul is NOT unrealistic at all. From all I am reading, all we would essentially have to do is say yes to Stephen Curry. That means our front office could essentially snap their fingers, and its done. Also, there seems to be sources saying the Hornets might say yes to Monta instead of Curry. If that happens, then getting Howard is more feasible.

If the Magic cant resign Howard, wouldnt they jump at Lee and Curry for Howard?

Now we would have Paul and Howard AND capspace to fill the roster.

On the flipside, say the Hornets need Curry to do the trade. Fine. Then you amnesty Lee. Hope Paul makes Andris look serviceable, and then you spin him for expirings.

Now we have Paul, Monta and money for Howard.

You may think that all these scenarios are a pipe dream, but its not THAT unrealistic if you really break it down. And just FYI, yes, I only smoke the best stuff. LOL. Just wont be until I get out of work today.
warriors got suck.. INFINITY and FOREVER
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Championship.

Uhm, what makes you soooo sure of this?

The Bay Area is just NOT a "destination" for most of these cats. Even the ones that are from the Bay Area don't make their offseason homes here. (Payton, Kidd, Lamond Murray)

State tax, higher cost of living, lack of HOT black chicks, etc. It's a great place to be married and raise a family...but if you're young, Black, and single, there are much better options than the Bay Area. Why sign here?

Don't get me wrong. The Bay Area isn't a sh**ty place to live, by any stretch. It's just that most of these young Black guys (normally not from the West Coast) just don't dig the lifestyle/scene here.
Can you guys be serious for a second.....what part of what I said is THAT unrealistic?

Getting Chris Paul is NOT unrealistic at all. From all I am reading, all we would essentially have to do is say yes to Stephen Curry. That means our front office could essentially snap their fingers, and its done. Also, there seems to be sources saying the Hornets might say yes to Monta instead of Curry. If that happens, then getting Howard is more feasible.

If the Magic cant resign Howard, wouldnt they jump at Lee and Curry for Howard?

Now we would have Paul and Howard AND capspace to fill the roster.

On the flipside, say the Hornets need Curry to do the trade. Fine. Then you amnesty Lee. Hope Paul makes Andris look serviceable, and then you spin him for expirings.

Now we have Paul, Monta and money for Howard.

You may think that all these scenarios are a pipe dream, but its not THAT unrealistic if you really break it down. And just FYI, yes, I only smoke the best stuff. LOL. Just wont be until I get out of work today.

Yea seriously, you gotta lay off the video game state of mind here. We haven't been contenders for awhile, the Bay isn't exactly the destination that superstars are looking for, and why would Paul and Howard sign extensions here when they can choose to negotiate and play together in NY?

You make everything sound easy when it's not. I read nothing about the Hornets being interested in Monta. Was he offered? Probably, but Curry is still the #1 choice. Now that Chandler isn't signing here, no way Paul gets moved here. And why is it automatic to you that D12 would sign here just cuz Paul is here? He can sign with the Lakers and play with Kobe and still win championships on a bigger stage.

Sorry man, but you're getting all kinds of NBA2K12 on us here.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Screw Val and his T-Wolves.

I'm jumping on the GS Bandwagon.
Originally posted by Amir:
Screw Val and his T-Wolves.

I'm jumping on the GS Bandwagon.

I'll take this opportunity to again say TANK!. For the love of god don't sign DeAndre Jordan for 12 million and tie our cap to a team that at best could back into the playoffs as an 8th seed.

Play the season out, keep our pick in a loaded draft, amnesty Lee (next offseason).

At that point we have a ton of cap space, tradeable assets (curry, monta, klay, udoh, beans a year away from expiring...), and a top 6 pick.

With the pick and cap space go front court shopping. Do not overpay marginal players who don't make a difference in the W/L column. We did that and that's why we are stuck with David Lee right now. After nearly 20 years of futility, one shortened season of Great Time Out (tm) basketball won't hurt, maneuver the team to be able to deal from a position of strength, rather than constantly being on the outside looking in as the rich get richer.

"We tried like the dickens..." SMMFNH
Share 49ersWebzone