LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 190 users in the forums

March Madness Thread

then they should have won their games homie!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by matt49er:
worst championship game ever?

combined shooting of 23% yikes. I hope the endings good.

it' a shame because this was a great tourney up until this

I blame the NCAA for hosting the final 4 in football stadiums. I've heard the depth perception behind the baskets really f-up the players' shots.

interesting theory, got a link to the article?

-9fA
Originally posted by teeohh:

true,true. I think Butler has a great tournament coach, but I would hate to develop a rep for getting to the final four, then showing you aren't big and athletic enough to take on top divisional teams.

Great tournament over all. I said at the beginning, this year it was wide open, and VCU, Arizona, Butler, FSU, Marquette, UNC, UK, and others all showed that was true.

I love knowing it went from 64 (or 68) down to 2, and that every team in the whole tournament except for 1, ended the season with a loss. I will always love that part of the format.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Apr 4, 2011 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I blame the NCAA for hosting the final 4 in football stadiums. I've heard the depth perception behind the baskets really f-up the players' shots.

-9fA

I could look it up. They mentioned it on TV during the Saturday games. It makes sense too. VCU was on fire from 3 point range during the whole tournament, then don't shoot as well in the simi-final. I'm starting to become a believer.
nevermind, that 2nd half was awful to watch
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for MuggD.

-9fA

I could look it up. They mentioned it on TV during the Saturday games. It makes sense too. VCU was on fire from 3 point range during the whole tournament, then don't shoot as well in the simi-final. I'm starting to become a believer.
It's been mentioned for a long time. I remember when NBA visiting teams used to visit the old San Antonio Dome they used to complain about this.
Originally posted by Muggins879:

-9fA

It's been mentioned for a long time. I remember when NBA visiting teams used to visit the old San Antonio Dome they used to complain about this.

Here are a few articles on the debate. Most point out that the numbers don't change, but show the debate:

http://basketballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=691

http://www.lostlettermen.com/the-dome-debate-does-it-hurt-shooting/
  • jrg
  • Veteran
congrats teeohh
^ interesting stuff. I personally don't like basketball games being played in football stadiums. I just find the TV camera angle to be too awkward.

-9fA
Originally posted by jrg:
congrats teeohh

thanks!

true,true. I think Butler has a great tournament coach, but I would hate to develop a rep for getting to the final four, then showing you aren't big and athletic enough to take on top divisional teams.

What's a top divisional team? I don't even know what that means. Sure Butler lost to Duke and UCONN, but they can beat top clubs. Just ask Pitt, Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Syracuse and Kansas State.

Can't help but think of the Buffalo Bills when I think of Butler. The Bills lost that first Super Bowl on the final second field goal then got trashed the next year. It's a shame as I would love to see a mid-major win a major national college championship. It would completely validate the argument for a playoff in college football.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

What's a top divisional team? I don't even know what that means. Sure Butler lost to Duke and UCONN, but they can beat top clubs. Just ask Pitt, Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Syracuse and Kansas State.

Can't help but think of the Buffalo Bills when I think of Butler. The Bills lost that first Super Bowl on the final second field goal then got trashed the next year. It's a shame as I would love to see a mid-major win a major national college championship. It would completely validate the argument for a playoff in college football.

No it wouldn't.
Is it just me or is Skylar Diggins freaking hot.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

No it wouldn't.

POTD
Is it just me or is Skylar Diggins freaking hot.

she is pretty cute
Share 49ersWebzone