There are 203 users in the forums

March Madness Thread

crazy seeing Derrick Williams on tv...seems like just yesterday I was sitting in English class with him at La Mirada High. Good for him.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
crazy seeing Derrick Williams on tv...seems like just yesterday I was sitting in English class with him at La Mirada High. Good for him.

That's awesome
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

That's awesome

did U of A have 2 forwards shooting 3 pointers for the win? Not how I would have drawn it up. Both were decent looks though.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

That's awesome

did U of A have 2 forwards shooting 3 pointers for the win? Not how I would have drawn it up. Both were decent looks though.

Yeah. They had two bites at the apple. If you can't make 1, you shouldn't win
Man Butler really knows how to win close games. I'm starting to believe in all that mathematical analysis their HC uses on opponents tendencies. That's about all he will say when he is asked about how he uses the data, but he does it for every game. I hope he gets a big bonus for another Final 4 birth.
Man Butler really knows how to win close games. I'm starting to believe in all that mathematical analysis their HC uses on opponents tendencies. That's about all he will say when he is asked about how he uses the data, but he does it for every game. I hope he gets a big bonus for another Final 4 birth.

He's going to get an even bigger bonus when a big time program shows up with a truckload of money.

My guesses are Tennessee (no more Bruce Pearl) or Indiana (he's already in state and post-sanctions they want to get back to the Bobby Knight days).
Originally posted by aman49:

He's going to get an even bigger bonus when a big time program shows up with a truckload of money.

My guesses are Tennessee (no more Bruce Pearl) or Indiana (he's already in state and post-sanctions they want to get back to the Bobby Knight days).

Unless he decides to be like Mark Few and stay no matter what which would be really cool.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Unless he decides to be like Mark Few and stay no matter what which would be really cool.

Too bad that hardly ever happens.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Too bad that hardly ever happens.

I don't know I think he's staying. He signed a 12 year extension after losing to Duke last year. And according to this guy he thinks that Stevens and the basketball program is getting paid about 10% of Butlers total $11 million athletic budget.

Also as that article points out, and I alluded to earlier, Stevens is a numbers crunching basketball coach (knowing 20 minutes after the Championship game last year they had 145 possession). And if you ask me that's a formula for winning in Indiana where he's from.

would be sweet if it's uconn and kansas in the final, teeohh vs. valrod
Bring it teeohh

Yeah, this guy is really smart. I picked him last year to get to the final four. I should have stuck with my love for him and rode it this year.

He deserves serious props.
How a tweet changed the Kentucky big man
come down VCU or this game will run away from you
Share 49ersWebzone