LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 149 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Postseason Thread***

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Ugh. What a clunker. Must win game tomorrow.

Ducks looked pokey all night. Was kind of a stroke of luck they even went ahead in the 2nd.

Agreed. Couldn't shake off the fore-check, couldn't pass, couldn't maintain possession...

It was ugly, especially late in the 3rd when they pulled their goalie and still couldn't even control the puck in the Predators zone.

I thought the dump and chase just wasn't working, and they seemed stubborn. The Predators defense were reading the dump and were easily picking it up.

I think the Ducks need to mix it up more, carry it in sometimes with Getlzaf, Fowler, or Rakell. Guys that are good with the puck. Even if it doesn't work the defense has to respect it instead cheating towards the back corners to pick up the dumps.

Ducks were also slow to get the puck from their D to their forwards in the neutral zone, which let the Preds just clog it up. Got to transition faster.

My guess is Ducks take Game 4, and whoever takes Game 5 will win in 6.

edit: And in their own zone, I think the Ducks need to be more aggressive. They too often sat back near the front of the net and played "block a shot." Its a bad mindset, and rarely works. You got to be active on those points because so much offense is generated when you give their D a bit of space with the puck.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on May 17, 2017 at 5:51 PM ]
Can you imagine how bad the TV ratings are going to be if its Ottawa and Nashville? LOL
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Can you imagine how bad the TV ratings are going to be if its Ottawa and Nashville? LOL

at least they have some great fans.

ducks fans looked like 49er fans at home so far.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

nashville sure

ottawa can't even sell out playoff games

You sound like Carrie Underwood. Lol

The Friday game had a 5 o'clock start time with an Angels game going on right across the freeway. Traffic was awful. As someone who was at the game last Sunday, and who has attended many games over recent seasons, I can tell you that the Fanbase is pretty strong. Honda Center was rocking last Sunday. And not with predators fans.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

The Friday game had a 5 o'clock start time with an Angels game going on right across the freeway. Traffic was awful. As someone who was at the game last Sunday, and who has attended many games over recent seasons, I can tell you that the Fanbase is pretty strong. Honda Center was rocking last Sunday. And not with predators fans.

I know what you're saying but it's not that hard to put 20k people in a hockey arena. Mud hens get half that many people on a random fireworks game. lol
Yeah but every playoff game has been sold out, an actual attendance has been in excess of 95%.

Yea ive been to a couple games too. You aren't going to match detroit, edmonton, chicago i.e. hockey town crowds, but for orange county, crowd could not be much better then what you get at Honda Center.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Yea ive been to a couple games too. You aren't going to match detroit, edmonton, chicago i.e. hockey town crowds, but for orange county, crowd could not be much better then what you get at Honda Center.

Agree.

Attendance was 98.3% of capacity in 14-15, and 95.1% last year. I bet this year is close to last year.

I'm always impressed with my experience at the Honda Center - from concessions, to staff, to seating, to kid's events, etc., etc. they have it figured out.
Anaheim tied their series 2-2 tonight. I hope they advance because Adam Schein will be pissed, haha. According to him you don't want to see the ducks in the Stanley Cup finals, and he says it like you have to take that as gospel. That guy says some seriously annoying s**t on his radio show.

Did it the hard way. We gots us a series!
lol at ESPN calling the goal "lucky" that Ducks won it with. PK Subban turned it over with a no-look wrap around pass off his backhand, Perry stole the lazy wrap around pass, Nate Thompson was wide open, Sessions collapsed to Perry instead of picking up his man Getzlaf, PK was then conflicted on covering Getzlaf or Thompson, Perry made a perfect feed for Thompson and since PK was out of position, he had to rush over and deflect the pass without really looking at it, and thus it deflected in. If PK was in position, its an easy pass to stop.

I hate when hockey analysis is lazy. Predators made numerous mistakes on the play and it led to the goal. https://streamable.com/5dlf6

Plus, the Predators 2nd goal was such b******t, lmao. Puck launches into the air, refs are staring at it while Arvidsson punches Lindholm, and then even more confusing Neal crosschecks a Duck player from behind to steal the puck. No calls, after the refs just finished calling everything on the Ducks (I have no problem with the Refs calls, Ducks were being dumb, but if you are going to call everything, CALL IT BOTH WAYS).

The game ended as it should, Ducks deserved to win game 4, just like Preds deserved to win game 3.

/end rant

And goooooo Senators!
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on May 19, 2017 at 10:03 AM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
lol at ESPN calling the goal "lucky" that Ducks won it with. PK Subban was out of position, Nate Thompson was wide open. Perry made a perfect feed for Thompson and since PK was out of position, he had to rush over and deflect the pass without really looking at it, and thus it deflected in. If PK was in position, its an easy pass to stop.

Plus, the Predators 2nd goal was such b******t, lmao. Puck launches into the air, refs are staring at it while Arvidsson punches Lindholm, and then even more confusing Neal crosschecks a Duck player from behind to steal the puck. No calls, after the refs just finished calling everything on the Ducks (I have no problem with the Refs calls, Ducks were being dumb, but if you are going to call everything, CALL IT BOTH WAYS).

The game ended as it should, Ducks deserved to win game 4, just like Preds deserved to win game 3.

/end rant

And goooooo Senators!

My name is NineFourNiner and I approve this post.
Ryan Johansen had to have emergency surgery on his thigh, out for rest of playoffs

i've been to Ducks games as well. yes, traffic is horrid. took me 7 hours to get there from Bakersfield once lol. but i still stick by my opinion, Ducks fans are pretty bad, at least went to comes to making noise and being loud.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on May 19, 2017 at 5:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone