LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 497 users in the forums

Anyone watching CFL on NFL Network??

I am Canadian and so I can watch on TSN and obviously have enjoyed the Canadian game my whole life.

I am just checking to see how many of you guys are watching it and if you have enjoyed it so far?
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I am Canadian and so I can watch on TSN and obviously have enjoyed the Canadian game my whole life.

I am just checking to see how many of you guys are watching it and if you have enjoyed it so far?

i saw a bit the other day. i just get a kick hearing familiar college names that couldnt make it in the nfl and see how they do in the cfl
One reply? Well I guess that answers my question as to whether anyone cares or not!
Watched the game on Saturday.

Decent football, Not a big time CFL Fan, mainly cause Ive never had a chance to see it living in the states.

But its good. Ill continue to watch, I also enjoy the AFL on NFLN.
Another game on tonight, not sure if it's on NFLN, but there's always a feed for those who need their sports fix.

BC Lions vs. Edmonton Eskimos. The Eskimos' uniforms look like the Packers, so consequently, I cannot root for them against anyone. Plus, I lived in BC for a few years.
Former 49ers Jamal Robertson and Damane Duckett playing in the BC vs. Edmonton game.
there is a game on NFLN tonight at 6:30 est, not sure which it is.

But ESPN3.com carries most of the CFL games also.
One reply? Well I guess that answers my question as to whether anyone cares or not!

The skill level on the field is what it is, but the 3 down structure just doesn't appeal to me. I prefer the long grinding drives in the NFL and believe that's the way the game's supposed to be played. To me there's nothing better than seeing a well executed running attack and the 3 down structure simply doesn't allow for sustained drives where the running game is prominent. Draws and shovels seem to be the only remnants of a running game (which I'm cool with) but the offense is 1 tiny error away from punting on every single possession and that's where I lose interest. A little too much pass, pass, punt for this boy

Not a big fan of seeing the defense just pass defend 80% of the time either. Not that the pass/run ratio is 80/20 (I dunno, maybe it is), but it sure seems like the D is sitting on pass 80/20 judging by how many draws actually go for 1st downs lol! They really don't defend the pass very well either imo...'mind you it's hard as hell to jam a receiver that's allowed to take a 10 or 20 yard run at you LOL! They might as well pay me to play corner AND I'M WHITE Seems to me it's the mistakes that the offense makes that gets the defense off the field a lot of the time. I understand the sticking point of execution but why should the D get a break they didn't earn?

The special teams play is alright but the punters suck something awful and that's where I draw the line I came to see me some punting

Originally posted by NJNiner:

He's from Toronto, they can't help it with the mama drama. You should see what they do to their franchise players in the media. The city's like an insanely hot girl, but one that used to be fat and now she's so insecure that she drives you F'n nuts with her constant need for affirmation..."So what do you like about me? Am I special to you? SAY YOU'LL NEVER EVER LEAVE ME UNTIL THE DAY YOU DIE!!!"

Then eventually the players get tired of this insane bs and they get a little stand offish with the media. Then the questions morph into..."So what's yer problem, why are you so unhappy? Where did you go last night; who were you with? WAS IT THAT SLUT MIAMI? Well she has herpes and I hope you die"

Then that insanity goes on until there's absolutely no hope of reconciliation and then they talk all kinds of smack about em as he's leaving lol! It's F'n retarded but it's entertaining as hell, plus you know your own city is gonna get a crack at landing a franchise player

Share 49ersWebzone