LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 164 users in the forums

Bring the World Cup back to the U.S.!!!

The 49ers' new stadium in Santa Clara.
Originally posted by 1251alex:

Definitely, if it gets built. With Stanford's stadium greatly reduced in size after the remodel, I'm sure they'd hope to get a site in the Bay Area.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Definitely, if it gets built. With Stanford's stadium greatly reduced in size after the remodel, I'm sure they'd hope to get a site in the Bay Area.

you mean the Oakland Coliseum won't ever get considered?
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I'd say that's a possibility, but probably not likely. The fact that baseball is being played throughout the summer hurts that possibility.

I'd say that's a possibility, but probably not likely. The fact that baseball is being played throughout the summer hurts that possibility.

Wouldnt the world cup bring in more money than baseball games? just wondering.

you wouldn't struggle selling out the coliseum, that I'm sure of

and wouldnt ticket prices be higher?
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Are people going to b*tch about funds, traffic, and other phaggoty stuff?

f**k no, it would boost economy like crazy we have plenty of newer facilities to host this thing, wont be a need to build anything new.

giant events like the world cup and the olympics tend to actually hurt the economies local to the event more than it helps them, because of how much money has to spent on security and renovation, blah, blah, blah. However, you're right that since we wouldn't need to build any new stadiums i don't think the "costs" would be too prohibitive. I signed the petition and I hope we get it.

It's not a money thing for stadium. FIFA wouldn't want to play on a surface that wasn't a permanent soccer field setup. The grass would need to be conditioned for weeks/months before games would be played. Where would the A's play during that time?

It's not a money thing for stadium. FIFA wouldn't want to play on a surface that wasn't a permanent soccer field setup. The grass would need to be conditioned for weeks/months before games would be played. Where would the A's play during that time?

yeah and I was just being sarcastic, plus Stoney brings up good points, no way there'll be a WC game in that s**thole

seattle would be very likely.

washington with there 80k plus stadium. also if LA builds their stadium it would be a guarntee.

also. i don't think it would put a burden on the local community. unless that community is not set up for tourists. if it is held in stockton it will put a burden on them. but SF, LA, NY, miami etc where they are set up and it is just a matter of increased state police it would help.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
seattle would be very likely.

washington with there 80k plus stadium. also if LA builds their stadium it would be a guarntee.

also. i don't think it would put a burden on the local community. unless that community is not set up for tourists. if it is held in stockton it will put a burden on them. but SF, LA, NY, miami etc where they are set up and it is just a matter of increased state police it would help.

Seattle has Field Turf, so that could be an issue. LA could host in The Rose Bowl, like in '94.
yes, it would be hilarious to see this sort of thing again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5INOqpobCs
Originally posted by UKNiner:
yes, it would be hilarious to see this sort of thing again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5INOqpobCs

-9fA
Sorry guys but the U.S. does not deserve to host a world cup.
Share 49ersWebzone