LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 376 users in the forums

Scottie Pippen lost 120 million & 80% NFL players broke 2 years after retirement

Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by teeohh:
They really need to make pros take a class every season on how to manage their money and not f**k up.

It's their own responsibility to learn how to manage money wisely. Once the paycheck is extended the responsibility ends and it's up to each individual to do something with it. They are not babies. They are adults.

And actually they do get classes on this, starting at the rookie symposium. Also even an idiot can hire someone to manage their money, they just choose not to.

they should at least invest in the cocaine drug business
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Morons I don't pity them at all.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Wasnt there an article on sports illustrated about a year ago about this?

Yeah, its old news.

News flash: Pro athletes including NBA players are idiots with great physical talents that have tons have money and not a clue on what to do with it. There are exceptions (Ronnie Lott comes to mind. And John Elway made way more money in car dealerships then he ever did playing ball, sold them for $80 million+).

didn't Elway go to Stanford? you have to be somewhat intelligent to get into Stanford, even as an athlete.

Magic Johnson and Emmit Smith created their own little business empires and have made tons of money away from their games.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Morons I don't pity them at all.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Yeah, its old news.

News flash: Pro athletes including NBA players are idiots with great physical talents that have tons have money and not a clue on what to do with it. There are exceptions (Ronnie Lott comes to mind. And John Elway made way more money in car dealerships then he ever did playing ball, sold them for $80 million+).

didn't Elway go to Stanford? you have to be somewhat intelligent to get into Stanford, even as an athlete.

Magic Johnson and Emmit Smith created their own little business empires and have made tons of money away from their games.

Easier when you are guys like Magic and Emmitt, but what about the Donald Stricklands and Ashley Lelies of the world. Not as easy for them to go set up a credible business. I agree that pro athletes need to have a plan after their football careers are over
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Yeah, its old news.

Easier when you are guys like Magic and Emmitt, but what about the Donald Stricklands and Ashley Lelies of the world. Not as easy for them to go set up a credible business. I agree that pro athletes need to have a plan after their football careers are over

For athletes with a little less star power and money, I would recommend a financial plan that didn't involve buying a ton of stupid s**t.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Yeah, its old news.

For athletes with a little less star power and money, I would recommend a financial plan that didn't involve buying a ton of stupid s**t.

I wonder if most pro athletes solicit the services of CFPs?
Wow, Spree says 21 million isn't enought to feed his family. My jaw dropped when I read that.

And to think we have so many people living in poverty and we got morons like these spending it on jets,bengal tigers,and a house with 109 rooms

Yeah, its old news.

Yeah he did. I was just throwing out an example of an athlete that did something financially successful after his career.

Yeah, its old news.

Yeah he did. I was just throwing out an example of an athlete that did something financially successful after his career.

I thought of John Elway too. Elway's timing was perfect to get out of the car business when he did.

Originally posted by pantstickle:

Yeah, its old news.

Yeah, or making it rain with a trash bag full of money. I actually think it's pretty sad, but comical when a human being is that idiotic that they can't turn that amount of money into enough to last a lifetime..........and then some. They're a bunch of greedy b*****ds for the most part (which is why we're in the midst of a lockout), and this is what they get. Not my problem!

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Mike Tyson had a house bigger than Rhode Island and a $2000 bathub.
IDK if its true but I head he spent more than 4M on cars and didnt have his license..
  • jrg
  • Veteran
f**k Scottie Pippen.
Originally posted by jrg:
f**k Scottie Pippen.

Share 49ersWebzone