There are 215 users in the forums

***Official 2009-2010 Houston Rockets Thread*** (29-28)

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Sure would be nice to see a game on TV this year. I guess I have to hope NBATV has one at some point.

Well you got your NBATV game on Saturday and we lost I hope you are happy.

Didn't know. I did get to watch Friday as we beat the Spurs though since Spurs games are always on. That sure was sweet.
We are crumbling fast. He deff misshandeled the TMac situation
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
We are crumbling fast. He deff misshandeled the TMac situation

I disagree. I'm glad the TMac experiment is over, I know how it ends. Personally I'd actually prefer to make the lottery and have a shot at a difference maker to go with all that cap space we'll have with TMac off the books. I'm willing to piss this season away for long term success. Making the POs would be a nice story and building block, but we weren't winning it all with or w/o TMac this year. Taking these lumps and devloping good chemistry to be enhanced with new talent next year is the way to go.
We ran into a stretch we we played many good teams in a short span.

@ SA W
vs CHI L
vs ATL L
vs DEN L
vs Portland??
vs PHO ??

In the past 2 years the Rox have been money in February losing only 4 games, and this february looks kind of easy we only play 3 teams over .500 (SA, MEM & UTAH)

Fundamental basketball can only get you so far, hopefully we can get someone at the deadline.....
Another thrashing by a subpar team, Come on Morey make a move.....
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Another thrashing by a subpar team, Come on Morey make a move.....

He may:
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsupdate/archives/2010/02/mcgrady_trade_t.html

3 team deal gets us Butler and Haywood. Not too bad, Haywood is nice insruance for Yao, I don't see why Washington would do it though. I'm torn on whether making a deal or rolling the dice on FA is the way to go.
Its a so-so trade

Im assuming it was made because Landry was walking after this year(He will get more than we can pay) This will allows us to focus on Lowry and Scola. Idk about K-Mart he was good a few years back but isnt he injury prone =(
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Yes, Landry will want to get paid next year and someone will likely over pay like they always do. Martin is a decent player, but not a number 1 guy and is injury prone. I think Morey is banking on Yao coming back and being that number 1 guy, but he will always be hurt. Hate the trade.
Yes, Landry will want to get paid next year and someone will likely over pay like they always do. Martin is a decent player, but not a number 1 guy and is injury prone. I think Morey is banking on Yao coming back and being that number 1 guy, but he will always be hurt. Hate the trade.

I would have prefered to let Mac expire but oh well. Idk about Yao im losing hope in him
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
O.M.G

that's all i have to say about this 3 way trade...

• TX9R
  • Veteran
I can't beleive I doubted Morey, he owned everyone in this deal. Basically got both the trades offered in one deal. The very same deal NY could have had yesterday but balked at the draft picks, Morey brings Sac in to the deal, leaks it, and then NY bends over because they had to have that cap room. I'll laugh when they don't get anyone any good with that money and players resign with their own teams. Bosh is the only one I see leaving because no NBA players like Canada.

Dude how can u say Martin is a decent player when he's the best player on your team now
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Dude how can u say Martin is a decent player when he's the best player on your team now

Yao is still on the team. Also Martin may be the best scorer, and that's debatable. There's more to BB than scoring. Scola and Brooks are both better players right now. With Landry gone Scola's numbers will go up because they split minutes about 50-50, we'll see how good he really is, which I think is very. Guy is a beast on the boards.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Yao is still on the team. Also Martin may be the best scorer, and that's debatable. There's more to BB than scoring. Scola and Brooks are both better players right now. With Landry gone Scola's numbers will go up because they split minutes about 50-50, we'll see how good he really is, which I think is very. Guy is a beast on the boards.

I love the trade now we got Hill!!!
so, now what is the lineup look like now?

Ariza, Battier, Martin, Scola, Brooks, Hayes, Budinger, Jeffries, Hill, Lowry, Andersen

with Yao on IR, what about Hilton Armstrong? Is he staying in HOU or Waived.

What about Garrett Temple?
Share 49ersWebzone