There are 221 users in the forums

Official 2009-2010 Golden State Warriors Thread (please LOCK)

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It doesnt' make sense that the team is willing to pay David Lee and unwilling to match Morrow's contract due to financial reasons.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
PG Curry / Bell
SG Monta / Reggie
SF Barnes / D.Wright
PF Lee / B.Wright
C Biedrins / Udoh

How many wins?
[ Edited by crzy on Jul 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
It doesnt' make sense that the team is willing to pay David Lee and unwilling to match Morrow's contract due to financial reasons.

They do a lot of s**t that doesn't make sense...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The one thing that was understated this season was that teams had a salary floor (75% of the cap) and that's why all these crazy contracts are being thrown around so that teams can get up to the salary floor.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I really hope Don Nelson doesn't play David Lee at center, or play Dorrell Wright at power forward.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Anthony Morrow is gone because they wanted to give more minutes to this guy

PG Curry / Bell
SG Monta / Reggie
SF Barnes / D.Wright
PF Lee / B.Wright
C Biedrins / Udoh

How many wins?

39 would be my guess at this point. Not good enough to make the playoffs probably but an improvement.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Monta told Larry Riley that he's excited about the addition of Lee.

I can see that. Williams was VERY good last year and I was really impressed by his ability to score. Morrow is a pure shooter but Williams is a better basketball player.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I can see that. Williams was VERY good last year and I was really impressed by his ability to score. Morrow is a pure shooter but Williams is a better basketball player.

LMAO @ Sam Cassell.

U can send me straight to hell, but man...that dude is gruesome.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jigga:

LMAO @ Sam Cassell.

U can send me straight to hell, but man...that dude is gruesome.

Sam Cassell is going to be one hell of a head coach in this league. John Wall is lucky
[ Edited by crzy on Jul 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
crzy (or anyone else)...what is the long term goal here? That's the thing that the David Lee trade makes me wonder.

Pete, you're overstating our lack of flexibility salary wise.

The Warriors have almost $14M coming off the books next year. I think they should have more than enough capspace next year to go after a decent player if they want.

Moreover, every one of the our three large contracts, Ellis ($11M), Biedrins ($9M), Lee ($13M) are easily moveable assets that would net the Warriors positive return in a trade.

The only young promising prospect we traded was Anthony Randolph, and for some reason our coaching staff and front office seemed to have serious issues with Randolph.

The Warriors plan is to try and win games this year with Curry, Ellis, Lee, and Biedrins.

If that fails, and the Warriors do poorly this season, I'm pretty confident that the Warriors will dump the contracts of Monta Ellis, and Andris Biedrins and rebuild. So this year, is sort of a transition period for the Warriors.

In any case, every single move the Warriors have made this season has been logical and beneficial to the Warriors. Except for maybe letting Anthony Morrow walk.

Well put. Its hysterical watching some of these posts. You would think that Anthony Randolph was Steph Curry and had actually proven something in the NBA.
I at least like the fact that they did SOMETHING and went out and got a proven scorer and rebounder without costing them a real star.

I agree with John and crzy. This offseason has gone fairly well except for the fact that we let Morrow go and passed on Monroe. I still like the Udoh pick but I like what I'm seeing from Monroe in the Summer League.

People hate the fact that we gave up Randolph for Lee. Despite the fact that Lee has progressed each and every year since he got into the league and playing in two different types of systems. Randolph hasn't. Got into the doghouse. Barely got any minutes until players got injured. David Lee may not be the fancy type of free agent that everyone else wanted, but he's a very solid player and an All Star. He also fits our offense very well and the sidekick that Curry would strive with.

They talked about this on KNBR earlier. As much as we all love Morrow, Reggie Williams is the better overall player. Better defender, better quick step, moves well without the ball, and he also has a fluid shot.
I just don't see why we didn't sign him to that contract and then trade him at the deadline when teams would want him to come off the bench and provide some points.
Posted on realgm Warriors...

Gonna miss ya'll!
Share 49ersWebzone