Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Thomas $8.9 million..........

It's what happens when you're the #2 pick in the draft, look at Bosa's cap numbers in 2020-2022, hits $10M in year 4.

And yes I'm back, I've missed you guys, I've been going back and forth with many of you, especially my boy NCommand.

Mods/Webby disregard any former PMs, I'm over it, my Girl is healthy, and happy.

Welcome back, AB - we really missed you.

Thanks mayo, I've missed a lot of people here, just gonna stay away from the PL.

Feel free to ask any questions you want, I did do my cap plan to keep the core together, I'm sure NCommand posted it, if you or anyone needs it let me know.

Good to have you back man!

I know you laid out a plan to keep our core together, I wanted to ask what you think actually will happen with our Free Agents?

Of course the Patriots aren't perfect but it seems like they let a lot of guys go and trust their coaching/scouting to replace high priced Free Agents (with some exceptions), I wonder if that's the route Lynchahan might take with some players.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:
we also need to restructure Garoppolo's deal first and foremost, he's a $30 mil cap hit

Spotrac says 26 mil?

$26.6M to be exact, restructuring his deal would save over $19M.

Glad you came back bro. The zone needs posters like you.

Thanks bud, appreciate it.

What moves are you anticipating this off-season cap wise?

Restructure Jimmy to save over $19M, Dee to save over $10M, and maybe Staley to save over $7M. Tender our ERFAs like Moseley, Mullens, Dwelley, Brunskill, and Wilson. Minimum deals of course. Try to retain AA(tag if need be, would be close to $17.95M on a $200M cap according to CBS Sports's Joel Corry), look to retain Sanders, and Ward. Also could extend guys like Sherman, Juice, Tartt to save some cap room, same with DeFo, extend Kittle($14M APY seems fair for the best TE in football), also look into extensions for K'Waun, DJ Jones both need to be brought back long term.

Was a disappointing end to a great season though, I was heart broken. I don't wanna blame the refs, but it was a 1 sided officiated game IMO, but not our best game.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

It's what happens when you're the #2 pick in the draft, look at Bosa's cap numbers in 2020-2022, hits $10M in year 4.

And yes I'm back, I've missed you guys, I've been going back and forth with many of you, especially my boy NCommand.

Mods/Webby disregard any former PMs, I'm over it, my Girl is healthy, and happy.

Thanks mayo, I've missed a lot of people here, just gonna stay away from the PL.

Feel free to ask any questions you want, I did do my cap plan to keep the core together, I'm sure NCommand posted it, if you or anyone needs it let me know.

Good to have you back man!

I know you laid out a plan to keep our core together, I wanted to ask what you think actually will happen with our Free Agents?

Of course the Patriots aren't perfect but it seems like they let a lot of guys go and trust their coaching/scouting to replace high priced Free Agents (with some exceptions), I wonder if that's the route Lynchahan might take with some players.

Possible they let some guys go, Tarvarius Moore looked good at Safety, so Ward could be let go. AA maybe, but I want him back, and trade Solly, save $4M ish, even if we have to trade a 7th to get a 6th back. Blair is a guy I'd like back, he'd easily replace Solly at both DE and DT. Sanders is a guy I want back, and I can't see him not, the 49ers traded a 3rd and 4th for him and a 5th, and that's a lot for a rental. Gotta think they'll work sometihing out, Shanny has wanted him forever, and the whole AJ Green for 4yr and $84M is a dumb idea by ESPN.com, no way we can afford a $21M a yr WR, for a guy who is less than a yr younger than Sanders.
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:
we also need to restructure Garoppolo's deal first and foremost, he's a $30 mil cap hit

Spotrac says 26 mil?

$26.6M to be exact, restructuring his deal would save over $19M.

Glad you came back bro. The zone needs posters like you.

Thanks bud, appreciate it.

What moves are you anticipating this off-season cap wise?

Restructure Jimmy to save over $19M, Dee to save over $10M, and maybe Staley to save over $7M. Tender our ERFAs like Moseley, Mullens, Dwelley, Brunskill, and Wilson. Minimum deals of course. Try to retain AA(tag if need be, would be close to $17.95M on a $200M cap according to CBS Sports's Joel Corry), look to retain Sanders, and Ward. Also could extend guys like Sherman, Juice, Tartt to save some cap room, same with DeFo, extend Kittle($14M APY seems fair for the best TE in football), also look into extensions for K'Waun, DJ Jones both need to be brought back long term.

Was a disappointing end to a great season though, I was heart broken. I don't wanna blame the refs, but it was a 1 sided officiated game IMO, but not our best game.

Sounds about right. This is where your cap knowledge is so refreshing. I know some restructures are coming but didn't know we could get 19 mil alone on a restructure by Jimmy. I'm assuming Goodwin and McKinnon are gone. That's over 8 mil more there.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 16, 2020 at 8:41 PM ]
Sounds about right. This is where your cap knowledge is so refreshing. I know some restructures are coming but didn't know we could get 19 mil alone on a restructure by Jimmy. I'm assuming Goodwin and McKinnon are gone. That's over 8 mil more there.

Oh yeah Goodwin is close to $3.1M with top 51 rule, McKinnon $4M, so close to $7.1M if we were to cut both. I can see McKinnon redoing his deal for camp to try and make the team, since it sounds like he's willing to take a pay cut to stay with us.

Great news all around! Great to see you!

Thanks AB for coming back. We appreciate you and missed you. I feel you about avoiding the PL, there's always going to be those people unfortunately. Glad to hear everything is ok

P.S. if you leave again, you may find a rabbit cooking in your pot
[ Edited by elguapo on Feb 16, 2020 at 10:57 PM ]
How come we only have just over $11 million in cap? We saved about 13 million by restructuring Richburg and Kwon Alexander. Were we below the cap before that?

And welcome back AB.
[ Edited by thedudelebowski on Feb 17, 2020 at 6:14 PM ]
Here is my attempt to make sense of the cap maneuvering (and may not be hitting the mark):

Big companies sign multi year deals. As an example, lets say CompanyB signs a 40 million 4 year deal with CompanyA to consume its services for next 4 years. The $40 million arrives in CompanyA's bank account immediately. Normally CompanyA will spread this 40 million amount in its balance sheet 10 million each year for 4 years and report to SEC/stock market in that way. This way the company makes 10 million each year instead of say 40 million in first year but zero after that. This helps in providing a stable earning projection for CompanyA as certain percent of revenue they are going to report is just accounting exercise, money is already in bank.

My understanding is that player contract work that way. We can pay a player 40 million and then take 10 million dollar per year out of cap space. The payment itself has multiple components (base salary, bonuses etc), but at a high level this is how a team can pay a player money but still take a lesser cap hit in the current year. Downside is that it pushes liability to future years and if player isn't with team for all years, the team has already paid the money and it will be counted against the cap.
Welcome back AB

Originally posted by lamontb:
Welcome back AB

This
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
[ Edited by susweel on Feb 17, 2020 at 8:07 PM ]

welcome back AB
any longtime fan knows.. he knows
[ Edited by TheBhagwan on Feb 17, 2020 at 7:58 PM ]
Glad your girl is better, Welcome back to the chairman of the board, Mr. AB
I'm glad you're back, too. The next few years should be really interesting in terms of how to keep as much of this year's exceptional gang together as possible given the CAP situation. You're knowledge will be some solid ground to stand on during the inevitable flurry of unanchored speculation that will be happening on this board.
Share 49ersWebzone