LISTEN: The 49ers Biggest Target In Free Agency →

There are 116 users in the forums

The 49ers select WR Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida with the 31st Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by tankle104:

I don't know what it means cuz you hear the convo about WR pick could forecast a trade, I hope they keep everybody, get Brock loaded here with weapons it will only help his development

I think they keep everyone. All we did was add a weapon and realistically open our options to move on from deebo or so in a year.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I wanted tackle. But, Shanahan knows WR's. He knows how to pick them. He knows how to develop them. Gotta trust the man.

Why do we need a WR? This team has glaring holes in other areas. Other than QB, I think going the WR position may be the least of our concerns.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Ajuik is gone im guessing. Got to be. no way we picking a WR in the first while paying two receivers $50mil combined and also having Jennings on the bench.

If we keep Ajuik, this pick was dumb AF with so many other people on the board who will be Day 1 contributors

Shanny doesn't seem to believe in day 1 contributors. Whoever they were going to draft wasn't going to play much. They seem to work guys in more slowly than the rest of the league
[ Edited by lamontb on Apr 25, 2024 at 8:59 PM ]
Kyle and his obsession for small receivers strikes again.

We should seriously consider trading away our first round picks from now on.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
This team cannot draft in the first 3 rounds. This is pathetic.

I wanted tackle. But, Shanahan knows WR's. He knows how to pick them. He knows how to develop them. Gotta trust the man.

The thing is though, it wasnt a need if we keep Ajuik. And...its a super deep class of WRs.

Im trying to make sense of this but cant.

KNBR just reported that the 49ers are now expected to seek a trade of Deebo to the highest bidder. A Chronicle X TWEET from Silver. Who knows?
Hines Ward
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Why do we need a WR? This team has glaring holes in other areas. Other than QB, I think going the WR position may be the least of our concerns.

BINGO
Definitely surprising. But we did draft both Ayiuk and Deebo. The bigger thing is this has to mean they don't see keeping both our WRs long term. Hopefully they got a a great player.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
No reason this guy can't play year one with how banged up Deebo gets; also he offers something different than Deebo and Jennings, he's more similar to Aiyuk out of the three, you can see the skillset to be a well-rounded solid WR2 with time.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
24years old
Small.
Limited production and limited upside. What a complete joke of a 1st round pick.

Sigh

Lmao I always love the overreaction in this thread.

It's a confusing pick given who's available. But this wasn't too much of a reach. I wonder if Kyle wants his Puka Nachua.
I think he'll be on limited snaps this season but will be seen as a replacement for Jennings next season (different players, just replacing his spot as WR3).

Jennings will be like Bourne. No way we'll pay Deebo and Aiyuk and have anything left for Jennings. Someone will pay him too well for us to match.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Shanny, the genius

If he was BPA then I'm not gonna knock that. Would question who put there big board together though. Last time they drafted for need instead of BPA we got Kinlaw.
Share 49ersWebzone