LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 328 users in the forums

Next years schedule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
Next year's schedule looks tough on paper but I'm more curious to see the actual schedule.

Every year we lose games we shouldn't but I hope that after the rest disadvantage we had this year the NFL makes things right for next season. End of the day you never know what your team will look like when you play an opponent or what their team will look like.

Exactly.

How many of you had us losing to the Browns and Vikings?

Oddly I did. Not like it was definitive, but I absolutely thought they would be tougher games than most fans would've expected and definitely a better chance of losing than versus Dallas.

Given we haven't won in Minnesota since possibly George Freaking Bush Sr. was in office, I won't have high expectations for this year.

I won't make the predictions until I see the schedule, but definitely expect 2 unexpected losses, maybe 2 expected losses, and the rest mostly wins.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by genus49:
Next year's schedule looks tough on paper but I'm more curious to see the actual schedule.

Every year we lose games we shouldn't but I hope that after the rest disadvantage we had this year the NFL makes things right for next season. End of the day you never know what your team will look like when you play an opponent or what their team will look like.

Exactly.

How many of you had us losing to the Browns and Vikings?

Oddly I did. Not like it was definitive, but I absolutely thought they would be tougher games than most fans would've expected and definitely a better chance of losing than versus Dallas.

Given we haven't won in Minnesota since possibly George Freaking Bush Sr. was in office, I won't have high expectations for this year.

I won't make the predictions until I see the schedule, but definitely expect 2 unexpected losses, maybe 2 expected losses, and the rest mostly wins.

Penciling in wins and losses in the NFL is always a crapshoot. We look at the schedule and base it on what last year's teams did. Every year things change. Good teams drop down and bad teams rise. Upsets are never predictable. That's why they're upsets. Around mid season the patterns start to form based on how teams are playing in the current season.
I'm going to the game versus the Dolphins. I love south beach.
If we go 6-0 in the division, a 12-13 wins is a possibility.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ssuhaide:
Its got a 10-7 look about it.

I can see us going 4-2 in our division
And likely L's against KC, Bills, Vikings (who we never beat on the road), Packers, Lions.

Boy that would have this forum extra spicy

There would be a zoner meltdown..Sam Darnie thread would get like 1k posts in one day
its a tough schedule.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm going to the game versus the Dolphins. I love south beach.

I'm considering it unless it's early in the season, swamp ass alert in September is no bueno.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Toughest games Lions, Chiefs,
looking forward to Cowboys, Bills, Jets, Dolphins

We can beat the lions. We will not beat the chiefs. The Bills game will be tough.

Have faith.

We'll have the Chiefs at home.

Yes, they pull out all the stops when they play us, but time is due to finally kick their ass.

Sadly you're wrong. They don't pull out all the stops against us. They just treat us like they're our daddy and give us an ass whooping. It's an automatic loss, and should be TBPH. No need for the post game "yea we beat them so that makes up for those 2 SB losses" threads and fan celebrations.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erF90:

We're not sweeping LA. And I'll argue that we might be fighting with them for the division next year. They have a loaded offense, probably better than ours.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Sadly you're wrong. They don't pull out all the stops against us. They just treat us like they're our daddy and give us an ass whooping. It's an automatic loss, and should be TBPH. No need for the post game "yea we beat them so that makes up for those 2 SB losses" threads and fan celebrations.

I got us as 12-5 at worse with that schedule. I don't see the tough schedule that everyone else sees. We own the Rams in the regular season. The only reason they beat us week 18 was because the game was meaningless to us. We have owned the Seahawks the last 3 years and the Cardinals play us tough but the there is a huge talent gap between the two teams. We own Rodgers, So the Jets don't scare me much. And their Oline might be the worst in the league. I see the Chiefs, Bills, Lions, Packers, and Dolphins as the only games where we won't be heavely favored in. Vikings and Bears will both probally be starting rookie QB's. Now we will probally get upset by a team along the way but I also don't see us losing every one of those 5 games I just mentioned.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by 49erF90:

We're not sweeping LA. And I'll argue that we might be fighting with them for the division next year. They have a loaded offense, probably better than ours.

We beat the Rams when they were the top defense in the NFL with Nick Mullens.

They're getting much better a lot quicker than I expected but Aaron Donald retiring isn't a small thing. Just like Seattle rebounding quick and people were quick to give them the division last year only to watch us hang another sweep on them.

Rams have a very good offense yes. We'll see what Matt Stafford shows up.
You guys think we can beat you next year?
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
You guys think we can beat you next year?

Yes but I would say that to any team. Any team can beat another team. Yours is also very talented but you never know what will happen going into a game.

On paper it will be one of our more talented games but we'll see who both teams roll out when the game actually happens.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I got us as 12-5 at worse with that schedule. I don't see the tough schedule that everyone else sees. We own the Rams in the regular season. The only reason they beat us week 18 was because the game was meaningless to us. We have owned the Seahawks the last 3 years and the Cardinals play us tough but the there is a huge talent gap between the two teams. We own Rodgers, So the Jets don't scare me much. And their Oline might be the worst in the league. I see the Chiefs, Bills, Lions, Packers, and Dolphins as the only games where we won't be heavely favored in. Vikings and Bears will both probally be starting rookie QB's. Now we will probally get upset by a team along the way but I also don't see us losing every one of those 5 games I just mentioned.

Hear hear. I concur
Share 49ersWebzone