There are 241 users in the forums

Niners sign DT Jordan Elliott

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Hunter is virtually impossible to cut, of the $49M, $48M is fully GTD, no way the 49ers were giving that kind of contract out.

But it's only a 2 year deal. How likely is a player of his caliber to get cut before 2 years. His cap hit 14.75 and 24.75 for the two years. Not that bad.

The deal is a 2yr deal, with 2 void years in it, https://overthecap.com/player/danielle-hunter/3936, $48M is FULLY GTD, he has injury issues/concerns in the past, just because he's a high talent doesn't mean he wouldn't be cut if he looks bad, or gets hurt, we've seen good/great players get jettisoned after 1yr cause they were horrible, no way were the 49ers, nor would I give out that deal to a 30yr old player.

Well the 9ers just gave out a 40mil guaranteed contract to a 30yr old last year in Hargrave.

I get the reasoning and don't have an issue with it. We had no one in the middle besides AA and no elite pass rushing threat. Hargrave gave 7 sacks in an off year where every D lineman looked worse due to scheme. Hargrave should be around 9 or more next year with a lot more hits, hurries, tackles for a loss, and general pressure.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Hunter is virtually impossible to cut, of the $49M, $48M is fully GTD, no way the 49ers were giving that kind of contract out.

But it's only a 2 year deal. How likely is a player of his caliber to get cut before 2 years. His cap hit 14.75 and 24.75 for the two years. Not that bad.

The deal is a 2yr deal, with 2 void years in it, https://overthecap.com/player/danielle-hunter/3936, $48M is FULLY GTD, he has injury issues/concerns in the past, just because he's a high talent doesn't mean he wouldn't be cut if he looks bad, or gets hurt, we've seen good/great players get jettisoned after 1yr cause they were horrible, no way were the 49ers, nor would I give out that deal to a 30yr old player.

Well the 9ers just gave out a 40mil guaranteed contract to a 30yr old last year in Hargrave.

I get the reasoning and don't have an issue with it. We had no one in the middle besides AA and no elite pass rushing threat. Hargrave gave 7 sacks in an off year where every D lineman looked worse due to scheme. Hargrave should be around 9 or more next year with a lot more hits, hurries, tackles for a loss, and general pressure.

This.

We have Bosa, what did we have on the IDL? AA and that's all. It was a no brainer move there.
Share 49ersWebzone