There are 278 users in the forums

Did Dr. York REALLY push Kyle to draft Brock?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • bud49
  • Veteran
We will never know the whole truth to the drafting of Brock.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Being the bridesmaid is considered a great honor by some. See poster above you…

Lol, incorrect. Regardless, I understand that the Yorks are a joke and this organization isn't remotely the same as the 80-90s 49ers. Neither is the league.

Jed found a highly successful coach that can coexist with both Paraag and himself. Try to remember how we got here.
Let's go with Sure. Why not?
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dr York lol. Dude was an empty can of beans the few years he ran the show. The only smart thing he ever did was hand over the keys to his son who at least had some football knowledge from his uncle.

49ers went from bottom tier organization(after sucking dry whatever we had left from the dynasty years) under John York to the leagues bridesmaid under Jed.

They were scrapping the bottom of the barrel for years and years after they fired Harbaugh. With no plan in place. A case of characters at head coach. They got so bad they got good again. By stockpiling top 10, top 5, top 3 picks. It's the York family way. Suck so bad you own the draft for years and get good again. Because you have so many high draft picks and nowhere to go but up.

I'm not sure I'm giving him "credit" for that.

Dr York lol. Dude was an empty can of beans the few years he ran the show. The only smart thing he ever did was hand over the keys to his son who at least had some football knowledge from his uncle.

I'd say marring up was pretty smart also.

I swear people would rather have the 2005 team than the 2011-15 and 2019-????
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

I remember the one thing that kept me from being completely down on the Niners in those days were "at least they have the most super bowls and never lost in one"

…that bragging right has been long gone for some time.
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Feb 20, 2024 at 2:06 AM ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I think most of the stories coming out are partial truths intended to keep maximum interest for the game.

Agreed. I think it might be a bit of character repair as well. Remember, at one time, John York was the most despised owner in 49er football. Has anyone forgotten the dumpyork.com website?

I do. I was on it!.🙄.. ( hides head in shame)
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Total combined SBs for all those teams = 0.

But you're right. All those 2nd place trophies is quite the honor. Success !

Rather have I doubt. Not smart enough to know the difference is more like it.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Even if you buy the angle, it was only York saying take the guy highest on your board / draft grade. Not a specific take this Purdy kid type insight.

Yeah, in this case "push" seems to be strong language. He kinda just said let's step back and just simplify things because it's pick 262.

Regardless, Dr. York was never up to being a sports franchise owner. Just not his thing. On the other hand, he's helped countless people with his cancer research and overall medical career, so he has that going for him.
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 20, 2024 at 8:48 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Even if you buy the angle, it was only York saying take the guy highest on your board / draft grade. Not a specific take this Purdy kid type insight.

Yeach, in this case "push" seems to be strong language. He kinda just said let's step back and just simplify things because it's pick 262.

Regardless, Dr. York was never up to being a sports franchise owner. Just not his thing. On the other hand, he's helped countless people with his cancer research and overall medical career, so he has that going for him.

I didn't know John York even paid any attention to the draft. Why would he want them to draft Purdy? Does he know the family or something.?
Originally posted by NinerJeff:
According to what Kyle said he did. If that's true almost ever 49er fan who gave Dr. York so much crap including myself, owes him one huge apology. Thank you Dr. York for nudging Kyle into one of the franchise's biggest and boldest moves ever. ( next to Fred Dean and CMC)😊

Choosing someone last in the draft isn't a bold move. I highly doubt York is paying attention to 7th round picks in the draft. Their boldest move and biggest failure was Trey Lance.
[ Edited by EastBay on Feb 20, 2024 at 12:38 PM ]
Everyone trying to take credit for guy they couldn't identify in a photo lineup April 2022.
York said draft BPA, that was Brock (4th rd grade).
Share 49ersWebzone