There are 158 users in the forums

Biggest threat in the NFC and why

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Biggest threat is Wilks

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yup, maybe I was not thinking about this year's version, but last years

any thoughts along this line: they are going thru it now, like we did in our L streak, so can/will Philly 'right the ship'

Wouldn't be surprised if they lose in the WC round to Tampa. I'll probably take Tampa depending on the line.

(though I'm still hoping for a cowboys loss this week for the lulz)
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

any thoughts along this line: they are going thru it now, like we did in our L streak, so can/will Philly 'right the ship'

Wouldn't be surprised if they lose in the WC round to Tampa. I'll probably take Tampa depending on the line.

They were at one point 10-1; and they have wins over Miami, Dallas, at Rams. They beat a healthy at QB MIN, that we lost to. They already went into Tampa and won convincingly. I guess if you say, they are the current sad streak, okay maybe they lose to anybody. I think they'll snap out of it. They know what time the games count more. I don't think they beat us, or DAL most likely, but I don't think they lose to Tampa either.
They were at one point 10-1; and they have wins over Miami, Dallas, at Rams. They beat a healthy at QB MIN, that we lost to. They already went into Tampa and won convincingly. I guess if you say, they are the current sad streak, okay maybe they lose to anybody. I think they'll snap out of it. They know what time the games count more. I don't think they beat us, or DAL most likely, but I don't think they lose to Tampa either.

Not only are they not playing well now, but there is increasing noise in and around the team.

The first half of the season is irrelevant outside of how team's set themselves up for seeding purposes.

That said, the NFC South winner (presumably Tampa) isn't a very good team either. Not writing off a win for Philly… but they are not good currently. They are 1-4 in their last five and that was coming off two very fluky wins.

Wouldn't be surprised if they lose in the WC round to Tampa. I'll probably take Tampa depending on the O line.

FTFY.

j/k

Not only are they not playing well now, but there is increasing noise in and around the team.

The first half of the season is irrelevant outside of how team's set themselves up for seeding purposes.

That said, the NFC South winner (presumably Tampa) isn't a very good team either. Not writing off a win for Philly… but they are not good currently. They are 1-4 in their last five and that was coming off two very fluky wins.

I don't think the first half is irrelevant, and neither is what we see now..
Teams rise and fall. You don't want to peak in October, and you don't want to look as they look going into the playoffs either.

I think in Sept, we were the top team, thru the DAL game, which we peaked, then we struggled.

PHI was the top team after that for October into November, then they hit their wall, and we were again the top team, and now BAL is the top team.
So it changes over time, teams evolve. BAL may be peaking a lil too soon, unless they can sustain this level of play for 2 and a half months,
Teams rise and fall. You don't want to peak in October, and you don't want to look as they look going into the playoffs either.

I think in Sept, we were the top team, thru the DAL game, which we peaked, then we struggled.

PHI was the top team after that for October into November, then they hit their wall, and we were again the top team, and now BAL is the top team.
So it changes over time, teams evolve. BAL may be peaking a lil too soon, unless they can sustain this level of play for 2 and a half months,

Philly was at no point the top team this year, outside of purely record and brainless power rankings, lol.

We'll see what happens though.
It's the playoffs; any team that makes it through the 1st round games is a legitimate threat to beat the 49ers. In terms of my rankings from most to least challenge:

1. DAL
2. PHIL (mobile QB has caused this team problems before)
3. DET
4. LA

Philly was at no point the top team this year, outside of purely record and brainless power rankings, lol.

He's right, you really want to hit that wall and in a full tailspin going into the playoffs
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I truly believe Dallas is the only team that has the firepower to take us out… that said, I don't think they have the scheme and the 9ers are certainly in their head.

that said, every team in the playoffs is a viable threat, games get weird sometimes like the ravens game.

What path is there were we don't see Dallas, LA, or Philly?
That's the path I want 👍
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

He's right, you really want to hit that wall and in a full tailspin going into the playoffs

There is some logic to getting the L out of the system, before the playoffs. If you look at my words tho, I said you don't want to look as they look going into the playoffs, that's verbatim.

Philly was at one point 10-1, with quality wins. They were considered the top team in football by many.
Originally posted by Crown:
I truly believe Dallas is the only team that has the firepower to take us out… that said, I don't think they have the scheme and the 9ers are certainly in their head.

that said, every team in the playoffs is a viable threat, games get weird sometimes like the ravens game.

Yep and Dallas has shown they can keep it close against us in the Playoffs.

Eagles just seem like a broken team that is no where near as good as they were last year. Not sure if they are better than the Lions or the Rams at this point.
Manila Holdappers
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Eagles

People forget this team was on fire for most of the season. They are slumping but they are still insanely dangerous.

I would hardly say they were on fire. Even when they were 10-1, that was a joke. The refs helped them out greatly against Buffalo, and basically gave them the game against the Chiefs. And I want to say they had something like a +18 point differential - so they were barely squeeking by in a lot of those games.
Share 49ersWebzone