Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

hitting the Power Balls !!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Rest them. It's a long season. We need them healthy for the long haul. Just don't feel it's worth the risk. Right now, we have the time to prepare all the other guys so they're ready to go.

Yeach, agree. I'd like to see Jalon Moore play actually. To see how good he really is.

You must really like Sam Darnold.

Haha

All that said, I sincerely doubt Trent sits, even though he prob should. On that turf, I don't like it..

You're probably right. I respect that but those ankles get worse right after the game. Someone the HC has to save the players from themselves. Especially on this team. It's still a long season.
Originally posted by 9moon:

This gal made the game for me last night
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by 9moon:

This gal made the game for me last night

left photo is her counting the millions that 10 will share her...

right photo is how much she needs to open thy mouth when 10 wants her.. lol
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
one of the trap game rules, you can't have a trap game, when you just got trap gamed.
This wasn't a trap game. The Browns D was legit and everyone knew this. I don't think Purdy had a bad game, he had a game in line with what should be expected in a defensive slugfest.

These are the reasons why the Browns game was an outlier and why it will be business as usual this week:
  • No defense we face for the rest of the season is even close to what the Browns have. From the line to the secondary, they're great, okay, great. The Niners are great, great, okay.
  • The Browns had two weeks to prepare for the Niners. Teams only get that luxury twice per year, three if they get to the Super Bowl.
  • This past game was a Deebo/CMC game and both of them got dinged up which cut the playbook in half.

I'm not concerned. I had this penciled in as a loss in the preseason because I didn't expect the team to be able to go on the road after a victory against Dallas and win a 10 AM game. It's just too much. Even then, we were a slightly hooked kick away from still winning that game.

we need a trap game rules thread
it was a trap game
we were coming off a circle this on the calendar game, which is stage 1 of trap game
stage 2 of trap game, is we dominated the prior week, so guys may be a tad overconfident, so now we are at stage 2
stage 3 of trap game, is we are facing a good team, but reason to overlook them, such as they are the Browns, historical losers, and they are down Chubb and their QB1. starting PJ flippin Walker, so now we are deep into stage 3 trap game here, and that's before you get into the weather, which is possibly stage 4

All I know is if you meet me in the trap, it may go down.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
one of the trap game rules, you can't have a trap game, when you just got trap gamed.
This wasn't a trap game. The Browns D was legit and everyone knew this. I don't think Purdy had a bad game, he had a game in line with what should be expected in a defensive slugfest.

These are the reasons why the Browns game was an outlier and why it will be business as usual this week:
  • No defense we face for the rest of the season is even close to what the Browns have. From the line to the secondary, they're great, okay, great. The Niners are great, great, okay.
  • The Browns had two weeks to prepare for the Niners. Teams only get that luxury twice per year, three if they get to the Super Bowl.
  • This past game was a Deebo/CMC game and both of them got dinged up which cut the playbook in half.

I'm not concerned. I had this penciled in as a loss in the preseason because I didn't expect the team to be able to go on the road after a victory against Dallas and win a 10 AM game. It's just too much. Even then, we were a slightly hooked kick away from still winning that game.

we need a trap game rules thread
it was a trap game
we were coming off a circle this on the calendar game, which is stage 1 of trap game
stage 2 of trap game, is we dominated the prior week, so guys may be a tad overconfident, so now we are at stage 2
stage 3 of trap game, is we are facing a good team, but reason to overlook them, such as they are the Browns, historical losers, and they are down Chubb and their QB1. starting PJ flippin Walker, so now we are deep into stage 3 trap game here, and that's before you get into the weather, which is possibly stage 4

All I know is if you meet me in the trap, it may go down.

I will use this as an excuse to continue on trap games , MIN is not a trap game, it's MNF
as we look ahead, the next possible trap game is home for Tampa, that's sandwiched between @ Jags and short week @ Seattle
that @ SEA will probably loom large
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Put him on IR, sign Gould. That man deserves a ring too!

Not that I don't think Moody deserves the blame. But Gould misses game winning FGs too. Cincinnati 2021 47 yards and Las Vegas 2022 41 yards in an indoor stadium. Weird that fans forget this

Moody missed it by about 1 yard to the right. If Kyle ran 1 more play and it got 1-3 yards it would have been good. That's the guys only job to make kicks but the offense and defense definitely had their chances to make it an easy win for the team. Kyle and the entire team had a hand in the loss but this reality check will make them better.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49er:

Not that I don't think Moody deserves the blame. But Gould misses game winning FGs too. Cincinnati 2021 47 yards and Las Vegas 2022 41 yards in an indoor stadium. Weird that fans forget this

Moody missed it by about 1 yard to the right. If Kyle ran 1 more play and it got 1-3 yards it would have been good. That's the guys only job to make kicks but the offense and defense definitely had their chances to make it an easy win for the team. Kyle and the entire team had a hand in the loss but this reality check will make them better.

BOTTOM LINE is.. we had another TO, what was he thinking of doing w/it?
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/kirk-cousins-monday-night-football-record

Kirk Cousins has a 2-10 record on Mondays in his career.
Both vs Chicago in 20 and 21
Lots of picks
Lots of sacks.
Defense should feast.
Rest CMC Trent and Deebo if need be.
[ Edited by GNS1310 on Oct 17, 2023 at 11:32 AM ]

Originally posted by Montana:
There is hope, cause it will be Primetime Purdy mode

No CMC and Deebs sucks tho

It hasnt been said yet. i bet one of them plays
Originally posted by NC49er:

Agreed. He already missed 1 earlier in the game by the same range I was livid at Kyle for not trying to make it easier for his rookie kicker.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/kirk-cousins-monday-night-football-record

Kirk Cousins has a 2-10 record on Mondays in his career.
Both vs Chicago in 20 and 21
Lots of picks
Lots of sacks.
Defense should feast.
Rest CMC Trent and Deebo if need be.

100% I think Minnesota's best pass rusher is out too, so we don't NEED Trent to get this W. It would be better to have a fresh cmc/deebo for cinci since they'll be coming off a bye and we'll be coming off a short week.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Rest them. It's a long season. We need them healthy for the long haul. Just don't feel it's worth the risk. Right now, we have the time to prepare all the other guys so they're ready to go.

Yeach, agree. I'd like to see Jalon Moore play actually. To see how good he really is.

You must really like Sam Darnold.

Haha

Heh, I dont know if the Vikings DLine is as good as the Browns. This might be the time to see what Moore has if the Vikings DLine is weak or average.

Trent needs to be healthy going into the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone