There are 142 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
[tweet

Jamison is about to make the team! Take Ambrys spot.

He seems to be playing really well and making plays on the balls. I wonder how many of the completions are on him
Originally posted by Koldo:
Oh my God, the world is falling apart!!!

All I want is for him to show that he's QB1 and it's pretty underwhelming thus far
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Ring that Bell
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This is all we got to discuss right now. I'm sure if Brock was hitting darts on go balls all practice some people's view of TC would be a little different.

Brock's the unquestioned QB1 right now, he should be looking like that in practice. From everything I've read and listened to he hasn't separated himself at all if we're looking at training camp. I get he's a "gamer" or whatever, but if you're suppose to be the man well let's see it. I want him to be crushing it as much as anyone else, all I'm saying are 5-10 yard slants and a wide open seam route from CMC.

Lol, I'm not telling/asking you not to discuss it. I made a comment about relying on people's different takeaways on what they are seeing.

Brock doesn't need to separate himself in a competition that isn't happening. His and the coaches goals for what he's trying to accomplish are probably quite different than the guys who are competing for roles. We don't know.

Now is the time for him to test out that arm, work on the weaker parts of his game, and build for the season… individually and with his teammates. Go balls not the best part of his game obviously… so get out there and let some rip and see what happens when there are little to no consequences.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Aug 4, 2023 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Ring that Bell

Originally posted by eric_anthony:

All I want is for him to show that he's QB1 and it's pretty underwhelming thus far

Not according to the coaches and GM. You have absolutely no idea the situations, if he is running the offense correctly or not, progressing through his reads. You don't know if he's being pressured, if the skill player is running the route right, or if the defense is just making a great play on the ball.

all you know is "complete or not". Which is nearly useless without context.

it's great to see they completed a ball, but we all know kyle isn't always happy with just that. Like the touchdown pass to kittle in the raiders game, he didn't really execute that play well, fortunately he scored, but it wasn't a well executed play. So we really don't know much and can't come to a conclusion.

• Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

Shanahan just called Purdy the "real deal", but I guess that hardly has any relevance.

I think we are gonna see a lot of that, this season, with this DL
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I think we are gonna see a lot of that, this season, with this DL

And with this OL.
Share 49ersWebzone