LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 256 users in the forums

Off season wish list.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Off season wish list.

The team is pretty stacked at all levels on both sides of the ball. But we still have a few holes they can and have been exposed.

Secondary: Hopefully Mosley can come back and dominate again. But I think we need more speed at the safety position.

Pass rusher: Still missing that end opposite of Bosa.. maybe a DT who can collapse the pocket from the inside??

Tackle: Gotta look for a long-term replacement for Trent eventually.. RT could use a upgrade please.

Pure WR: We need another pure pass catcher. Someone who can cook dbs consistently.

Center: I guess Brendel is ok-ish🤷🏾.. I'd like to see that position upgraded.
NO MORE WOMAN REFEREES…
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
NO MORE WOMAN REFEREES…

I voted to bolster the secondary. Even with Mosley hopefully coming back strong, I think it's still the weakest part of the team by a fairly wide margin. I'd like to see better offensive line play as well, but the offensive skill position players seem to be making up for the steady stream of free rushers such that the offensive line is (hopefully) good enough for now.
That it starts on February 13th
Our secondary is still trash and has been trash for what a decade now?

They need to shore it up
Pass rusher is set. Drake Jackson is the man the team just isn't letting him play enough. Hopefully they unleash him in the playoffs.

we need a CB an safety an RT
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Our secondary is still trash and has been trash for what a decade now?

They need to shore it up

It was elite with eman

you know we lost two corners for the year
They seriously need a stout run stopping NT like they had with DJ Jones. To me that's the biggest need on the roster, if teams can run on this defense and reliably pick up 4 or 5 yards a clip like Jacobs did today, they can pass all over them as well.

Beyond that, more depth at CB is an obvious one and right tackle.
I know there's some run cloggers available in free agency. Also it's time to move Ward back to safety,Lenior back to slot and play Janoris Jenkins on the outside. This secondary as constructed isn't going to hold up in coverage in the playoffs.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Jan 1, 2023 at 6:24 PM ]

DJ Jones
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They seriously need a stout run stopping NT like they had with DJ Jones. To me that's the biggest need on the roster, if teams can run on this defense and reliably pick up 4 or 5 yards a clip like Jacobs did today, they can pass all over them as well.

we're missing our main D tackles due to injury. getting them back will help and hopefully a seasoned kinlaw. i think we are ok if we can't upgrade in FA

Raiders have a good OL so i don't think we should run into problems like this too often
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 1, 2023 at 7:33 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I want the troll, negative posters to be replaced with people that just like to watch football and have fun.

the couch coaches are getting boring.
[ Edited by Crown on Jan 1, 2023 at 6:30 PM ]
Kalie Davis is waiting in the wings. I hear he is pretty good and the only reason he was drafted so late is because he was injured and was going to miss most, if not all of the 2022 season.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Kinlaw 'should' be that guy... We could find a pure run plugger in the 3rd or 4th round.
Share 49ersWebzone