LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 155 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Such a different back than Mitchell and MacCaffrey. On the few carrys he had he looked be quite a load. The other two just hit the hole and are gone. He look like he makes his own holes. Seemed like on every run he was carrying two or three Saints defenders with him. Easy to see the value in a back like that as long as you can still get MacCaffrey out on the field.
Punishing downhill runner. Glad he got a few carries and he looked good. Hopefully he continues to improve and get some more carries aka Jeff Wilson when he first got here.
Time to shine Rookie
This guy was just punishing defenders at the end. He's listed as 5"11 220 and he sure runs like it. Excited to see this youngster get more carries.
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
This guy was just punishing defenders at the end. He's listed as 5"11 220 and he sure runs like it. Excited to see this youngster get more carries.

Oh dang, that's beast mode M Lynch size and brings that "angry" running style with him.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Nov 27, 2022 at 11:53 PM ]
Better than TDP
Kyle needs to stop drafting running backs earlier than the 5th round! I want to see more of Mason with Maccaffrey. We need a punisher in the back field to close out games. He did that yesterday.
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:

Yeah, he looks like that BIG back that Kyle has been wanting for awhile except unlike the others, he's not useless.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Watching CMC run on 4th and 1 was cringeworthy. Mason needs more carries.
Is TDP another 3rd round RB disappointment? I admit I didn't see anything particularly special about him. Mason looks better. Looks like we're going to need both now, and I'd expect Coleman to see time too.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Is TDP another 3rd round RB disappointment? I admit I didn't see anything particularly special about him. Mason looks better. Looks like we're going to need both now, and I'd expect Coleman to see time too.

in preseason Mason looked better but in college TDP obviously looked better
We still have tevin coleman.

he's a capable back
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I wasn't a fan of the pick to begin with It, but at least It looks like Mason could be the type of Rb we've all been wanting and expecting Kyle to draft for awhile now. Even moreso with Mitchel seemingly being Injured every other game.
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
We still have tevin coleman.

he's a capable back

He taught CMC how to moss
Hope he continues to get more & more playing time.
Share 49ersWebzone