There are 104 users in the forums

Preseason 2022: 49ers at Vikings - Game 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by luis1985:
Dang… Purdy did indeed looked way better than Mond hahaha

Personally I like him better than Sudfeld. Sudfeld has the stronger arm, but I think Prudy is the better overall player for this offense - considering I think it's going to be more of a movement offense than a pocket passing offense. But, I agree when anyone who says most likely Sudfeld will be QB #2 and Purdy will be on the practice squad.

I still think we'll lose Purdy the way we lost Hokit, if Purdy is placed on the practice squad.

Can't we protect 2 players on the PS?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
I'm terrified we're gonna make a bad move on the oline. Starting banks when he sucks more than Poe. And he gets…wait for it… poached.

Poe is making the team.
And banks doesn't suck

Seriously plenty of overreactions
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I'm terrified we're gonna make a bad move on the oline. Starting banks when he sucks more than Poe. And he gets…wait for it… poached.

Poe is making the team.
And banks doesn't suck

totally agree 💯%

I feel like most of the pressures this game were by the tackles

Agreed! That garbage ass Skule and don't get me started on Sutherland at C
Cut Davis price and cut sermon. Admit mistakes were made and move on.
Sermon is the only one who's close to being cut
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Personally I like him better than Sudfeld. Sudfeld has the stronger arm, but I think Prudy is the better overall player for this offense - considering I think it's going to be more of a movement offense than a pocket passing offense. But, I agree when anyone who says most likely Sudfeld will be QB #2 and Purdy will be on the practice squad.

I still think we'll lose Purdy the way we lost Hokit, if Purdy is placed on the practice squad.

I'm not familiar with the practice squad rules, but yeah, that makes sense to put Purdy on the PS if you can protect him.

I'm not familiar with the practice squad rules, but yeah, that makes sense to put Purdy on the PS if you can protect him.
Players need to clear waivers then they can be on the PS
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I do like Mason more than TDP at this point. I wish he could have played with the ones or twos. Looking back in hindsight - choosing an OLineman vs Sermon and TDP would have been my preferred choices.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

That sucks, I don't know if they can sneak Purdy onto the PS without losing him to waivers, but that's just me.

That sucks, I don't know if they can sneak Purdy onto the PS without losing him to waivers, but that's just me.
We kept 3 QBs last year, we might have to again

Purdy is under their control for the next 4 years right? That's another reason to keep him over Sudfeld. And he was a 7th RD pick, So they will have a super cheap backup for the next 4 years.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Aug 20, 2022 at 8:21 PM ]
  • dj43
Both QBs worked well with what they had. The best part was the recognition and choices they made in selecting targets. Yes, it was against non-starters but even non-starters can cause problems if the QB does not make accurate reads.

Find a way to keep them both.
didnt watch, lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Purdy is under their control for the next 4 years right? That's another reason to keep him over Sudfeld. And he was a 7th RD pick, So they will have a super cheap backup for the next 4 years.

Great point about the 4 years! I still have hope we can trade Purdy in year 3 for a couple of 5th round draft picks!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Both QBs worked well with what they had. The best part was the recognition and choices they made in selecting targets. Yes, it was against non-starters but even non-starters can cause problems if the QB does not make accurate reads.

Find a way to keep them both.

Meh, between Sudfeld and Purdy, Purdy would be my choice.
Share 49ersWebzone