LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 155 users in the forums

Worse QB room than 2018-2020

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Dude, all the hot takes are off the charts today.

This is by far the worst take of the day
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Lol wow
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You can't use three first round picks on a QB and then not even have them be the backup, tthat's nuts. Garoppolo is hurt, the team has to ride with Lance and hope he can settle in and perform well for them.

hes 21 and didnt play in 1-aa last year. come on. you see his throws.

Did you watch the entire game? They weren't all bad at all. He was a lot worse early on than later.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
LOL

LMAOOOOOOOO
Lance looked like a deer in headlights. Wanting to run every play. And it worked sometimes but is not sustainable.

Having a RAW ROOKIE start games before he is ready is a recipe for disaster.

BUT a ton of Zoners thought Lance should start over Jimmy from day 1. And from this "knowledgeable fan base" that's what's laughable.
Holy hell this is crazy talk
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Lance looked like a deer in headlights. Wanting to run every play. And it worked sometimes but is not sustainable.

Having a RAW ROOKIE start games before he is ready is a recipe for disaster.

BUT a ton of Zoners thought Lance should start over Jimmy from day 1. And from this "knowledgeable fan base" that's what's laughable.

Good thing I'm not one of those people. But if I had C.J. and Trey on this team, I'd pick Trey.

Here's what we know: Jimmy played a half, and got one touchdown. Trey got two, and might have gotten another one if Cannon didn't fumble. You also don't seem to be taking into account the fact that Trey has had no first team reps in the regular season, and he probably played Russell Wilson all week. How do you expect him to be fully prepared?
Also I don't think you watched the whole game, as the deer in headlights thing reduced the more he played. He wasn't freezing. He was quickly reacting, and made some quality throws after escaping pressure. "Deer in headlights" means freezing and ending up taking sacks because of it. He reacted when he made a bad read, and about half the time made a useful play out of it.
Meanwhile, back at the farm, Jones is looking like Brady 2.0. And we have Kaep 2.0.
  • scuzy
  • Veteran
Oh please jones and lance comparison isn't even fair. Guy has 0 reps as a starter while the other guy already play 4 full games with game plan designed for him.

Originally posted by scuzy:
Oh please jones and lance comparison isn't even fair. Guy has 0 reps as a starter while the other guy already play 4 full games with game plan designed for him.

Yeah but one guy cost an additional 2 1st rounders and was taken 12 spots higher….yet looks like he's never thrown from a pocket in his life
  • scuzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Yeah but one guy cost an additional 2 1st rounders and was taken 12 spots higher….yet looks like he's never thrown from a pocket in his life

Hind sight is 20-20 no one know where lance would of been drafted. Saying he got drafted 12 spots too high is all a moot point.
Having Trey getting snaps as the backup is 1 million times better than having CJ or Nick. He is getting experience and already gives the team and better chance than either of those two. Coming in for an injured Jommy G takes the pressure off.
Now he had film to go over and learn from.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Also I don't think you watched the whole game, as the deer in headlights thing reduced the more he played. He wasn't freezing. He was quickly reacting, and made some quality throws after escaping pressure. "Deer in headlights" means freezing and ending up taking sacks because of it. He reacted when he made a bad read, and about half the time made a useful play out of it.

Looked like he took off once he felt the pressure which was dope. Full week of first team reps and the kid will look better.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Meanwhile, back at the farm, Jones is looking like Brady 2.0. And we have Kaep 2.0.

I wonder what makes these QBs "looking like" these other QBs.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Oct 3, 2021 at 9:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone