LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 147 users in the forums

It's time to call out this fanbase

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Yeah we are like the polar opposite of Seahawks fans who think they're hot s**t just because their team is finally relevant after decades of mediocrity. Niner fans are overly critical in comparison.

On the plus side, Niner fans are by faaaar more knowledgeable about Xs and Os and the game in general. Seahawks fans are mostly mouth breathers that think that showing up to their convex shaped stadium and screaming like a banshee makes them a member of the team. Seriously it's pathetic that they wear jerseys dedicated to themselves. I'd be insulted if I was one of their players.

There's a lot of Seattle fans that think Wilson is overrated and they should move on from him...it's like that in every fan forum and fan bases are all the same. Philly hates everyone not named Nick Foles lol. They booed Andy Reid right out of there.

Is what it is, it's okay to be critical of your team...being objective isn't a bad thing. There's a big difference between being like that and being a troll hating on everything, always wanting people fired just cause. Being a homer IMO can be just as bad. Not every single player is great on your team, not every coach is amazing, it isn't always something outside of the team you root for that's the reason for a loss.

All good...every fan base is pretty much the same.
Tickets now at $30 and still dropping for a primetime game. Man our fans are weak AF
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Tickets now at $30 and still dropping for a primetime game. Man our fans are weak AF

Typhoon coming to the Bay Area
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need the rain, but does it have to come down during the game?
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

First the fans complain about the heat now about the rain lol
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

First the fans complain about the heat now about the rain lol

They could give them away for free and there would still be no noise, home field advantage, or anyone there on time.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Should help a running team.
The 49ers have one of the worst fanbases imo. Just look through the threads in this forum. There about a dozen people who post regularly who are knowledgeable, rational, and open to a civil exchange of theories and ideas or opinions, which consists of about 5%-10% of the conversations. The rest is a bunch of ignorant people talking about things they have 0 knowledge on but have an opinion on any way which results in pages of endless arguments about the most mundane b******t. I stopped participating in these forums regularly years ago because of it. Been a member forever and read a lot, but not worth my time posting.

Other team forums I check out have some of that, but not anything like the Webzone, this is one the most toxic of the forums I visit and it doesn't even matter what sub-topic your posting in, a*****es and morons abound and NEVER fail to comment.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Should help a running team.

That's us.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Time to call out the fanbase? The 49ers are one of the few teams in NFL history that being good was not good enough. Being Great was the destination. The mentality of all pre 2000 fans was SB or nothing. Anything less is a disappointment. When we started going to Super Bowls again that mindset kicked in. Maybe, just maybe that whining is the expectation we won't settle for second best.

This is true. The expectation is just good isn't enough, just going to the playoffs isn't enough. Even the ownership has said we are judged on SB championships.

i actually appreciate the positive and the negative reviews and opinions. They all can't be rah rah "I'm so happy we at least made a wildcard birth", but we also can't fire everyone after each loss.

At least we have something to cheer and something to commiserate about. The team and it's success means a lot to many of us and it makes the difference to the start of a good week. Coming here to moan is therapy for many.

For those that would rather our fans don't express themselves here, there are some teams that have dead boards. Once people become indifferent and don't care that means the team isn't worth fighting for. I'll continue to fight, cheer so my neighbors can hear it, lose my voice at the stadium, or even show up to work on Monday sad at our defeat.

I love the damn Niners, signed fan since 79' and admittedly someone who took our greatness for granted watching Joe, Jerry, Steve ,and Ronnie.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Oct 23, 2021 at 2:33 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone