There are 197 users in the forums

2021 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
He's his own guy.
You see what you see in the QB, I see what I see. Let's see what happens.
As for a pay cut, if he's gimped, fine. If he legitimately feels he's got it, a deal's a deal.
Go Niners.

we will see...FWIW there's not such thing as a deal's a deal in the NFL. Dudes get cut all the time. Part of Jimmy's deal was to not be hurt for multiple seasons, yet they paid him anyway.
Getting cut is part of the deal. If there's no such thing as a deal in the NFL, tell that to the legions of agents, lawyers, representatives, money ball guru's, et cetera, who are making bank crafting the deal.

Look, I am not adverse to you regarding this injury thing. I'm disappointed and a little angered that he hasn't been there. I have no beef with the team wanting to move on from perpetually injured players. It is essential for players to be present to win.

Neverevertheless, I'm inclined to give Jimmy a scosh more leash to give it his all. I see him as a winner and arguments can be made about a lot of things, but the bottom line is when he's out there he wins for the team. That is worth 26 million of somebody else's money to me. That's all I'm gonna say about this.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Jul 23, 2021 at 3:00 PM ]
Getting cut is part of the deal. If there's no such thing as a deal in the NFL, tell that to the legions of agents, lawyers, representatives, money ball guru's, et cetera, who are making bank crafting the deal.
Look, I am not adverse to you regarding this injury thing. I'm disappointed and a little angered that he hasn't been there. I have no beef with the team wanting to move on from perpetually perpetually injured players. It is essential for players to be present to win. Neverevertheless, I'm inclined to give Jimmy a scosh more leash to give it his all. I see him as a winner and arguments can be made about a lot of things, but the bottom line is when he's out there he wins for the team. That is worth 26 million to me. That's all I'm gonna say about this.

First of all, points to you for using the word scosh in a sentence.

Good, fair post. The bold I couldn't agree more with you and that's what a good QB can do for you - help win games at a high rate - and that's why it's the most important position in all of sports and is thus a very expensive position on the books.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
First of all, points to you for using the word scosh in a sentence.

Good, fair post. The bold I couldn't agree more with you and that's what a good QB can do for you - help win games at a high rate - and that's why it's the most important position in all of sports and is thus a very expensive position on the books.
Thanks, LottD.
I think they planned on improving the entire QB room and fully planned to eat Jimmy's salary (Jed's approval) one final time no matter what role he ends up playing this year. They are banking on him to deliver a winning season and hopefully increase his trade value while being a terrific mentor bridge to the future. They believe he responds well to competition. They also probably want another season to groom Rosen to be a legit backup next year when Jimmy IS gone. All of their comments, moves and non-moves seem to back this all up...right or wrong.

Look, I am not adverse to you regarding this injury thing. I'm disappointed and a little angered that he hasn't been there. I have no beef with the team wanting to move on from perpetually injured players. It is essential for players to be present to win.

Neverevertheless, I'm inclined to give Jimmy a scosh more leash to give it his all. I see him as a winner and arguments can be made about a lot of things, but the bottom line is when he's out there he wins for the team. That is worth 26 million of somebody else's money to me. That's all I'm gonna say about this.

there's GTD money in the NFL and that's it…Jimmy right now has none.

look If Lance looks lost in TC and Jimmy looks good, that's a different story. At this point Jimmy doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. He got a massive deal with a ton of upfront money based off 5 games, he's has zero competition.

again I hope whomever is playing QB kills it, at this pt imo Jimmy is vastly overpaid and that should be reworked for the betterment of the team will all root for.

there's GTD money in the NFL and that's it…Jimmy right now has none.

look If Lance looks lost in TC and Jimmy looks good, that's a different story. At this point Jimmy doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. He got a massive deal with a ton of upfront money based off 5 games, he's has zero competition.

again I hope whomever is playing QB kills it, at this pt imo Jimmy is vastly overpaid and that should be reworked for the betterment of the team will all root for.

I think they are done with cap moves this year once they sign Trey. If it was the differences between signing Fred Warner and not, then I could see it. But they're not going to do Jimmy like that. That's not their M.O. at all. That doesn't mean I disagree with you either.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
I think they are done with cap moves this year once they sign Trey. If it was the differences between signing Fred Warner and not, then I could see it. But they're not going to do Jimmy like that. That's not their M.O. at all. That doesn't mean I disagree with you either.
i see they worked out a couple of no names at defensive end... like AB said,. unless we sign someone for the vet min.. we are done with free agency. the two guys we worked out are nothing but maybe they sign one for a body and maybe one of them can turn out a pleasant surprise from the bargain bin.. i can be optimistic
Originally posted by NinerGM:

And nothing is gained by cutting him during camp or later. It's not like they can start finding the talent they really need at this point and beyond, even if Trey is ready to start. Jimmy's baked into this season.

That's why people complaining about his salary seem to just want to complain. It didn't prevent us from making any moves. If we wanted to get a cb like Casey Hayward or DE like Kerrigan or Ingram those deals were 4 million or less so I'm sure we could of fit an extra player in while keeping Jimmy.

Why risk losing a game or possibly a lot more than a game having Dalton or Flacco play if they're starting or filling in when we know JG would outperform them. News flash......1 game could be the difference between making the playoffs or not, having the bye week or not, winning the division or not, having a home playoff game(s) or not. THAT is definitely worth his salary. I swear people don't look at the big picture. We are covered at the most important position and having 2 good starting qbs is gold

Intrigued.

Intrigued.
Houston

jk
  • Andra
  • Veteran

Intrigued.

Making room for Houston 🤞
Originally posted by Andra:

Intrigued.

Making room for Houston 🤞

This would make me happy in pants
Looks like Marvell Harris is now a full time linebacker, locker is now next to Greenlaw's.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Looks like Marvell Harris is now a full time linebacker, locker is now next to Greenlaw's.

Wonder if his attitude changes when he heard the news like Eric Reed ... 🤔
Share 49ersWebzone