LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 231 users in the forums

Restrictions in Santa Clara may force 49ers to practice/play elsewhere (No politics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
just go to dallas
Originally posted by NickMullensBDN:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/142609-shanahan-disappointed-santa-clara-countys-communication-overcoming-adversity/

As Kyle said. f**k the county. Didn't even have the common courtesy to let the team know.

these games and practices arent super spreader events, just stupid by the county
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NickMullensBDN:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/142609-shanahan-disappointed-santa-clara-countys-communication-overcoming-adversity/

As Kyle said. f**k the county. Didn't even have the common courtesy to let the team know.

these games and practices arent super spreader events, just stupid by the county
if players are testing positive than it is.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by dmax:
Santa Clara is whack for this

Trying to stop a virus from spreading..nothing WHACK about that

Empty stadium and everyone is tested. If you test positive you're pulled. You forget about that and our packers game?

We can't have a fully tested game outdoors . But you could go indoors in a target, Costco or Walmart with 100s of other people . I was at a target out here today and it was a madhouse. Costco is usually even crazier.

It's indeed WHACK
sports is not essential as buying food for your family

Interesting you say that because most people don't go to Walmart and target for food for their families. You go to grocery stores. People were out there buying Christmas b******t and Black Friday weekend sales.
whats so interesting.., that Targets and walmarts have grocery departments ?

What do you suggest, stopping people from buying anything else? you won't consider that whack ?

Huh? You're going in circles here and twisting my points.

I suggest letting the 49ers continue to play in that empty Santa Clara stadium as all the players are tested anyways.

It's interesting that you use the "how will we feed our families?!!" Line. As justification for being able to shop at Walmart and target for almost everything but food.

No i don't think they should be shut down. Exactly the opposite actually. But don't give some ridiculous logic that fully tested athletes shouldn't be allowed to play a sport outdoors because you wanna stop a virus, meanwhile everyone can shop at target, Walmart, make up stores, clothing stores etc
Originally posted by dmax:
Santa Clara is whack for this

Trying to stop a virus from spreading..nothing WHACK about that

Empty stadium and everyone is tested. If you test positive you're pulled. You forget about that and our packers game?

We can't have a fully tested game outdoors . But you could go indoors in a target, Costco or Walmart with 100s of other people . I was at a target out here today and it was a madhouse. Costco is usually even crazier.

It's indeed WHACK
sports is not essential as buying food for your family

Interesting you say that because most people don't go to Walmart and target for food for their families. You go to grocery stores. People were out there buying Christmas b******t and Black Friday weekend sales.
whats so interesting.., that Targets and walmarts have grocery departments ?

What do you suggest, stopping people from buying anything else? you won't consider that whack ?

Huh? You're going in circles here and twisting my points.

I suggest letting the 49ers continue to play in that empty Santa Clara stadium as all the players are tested anyways.

It's interesting that you use the "how will we feed our families?!!" Line. As justification for being able to shop at Walmart and target for almost everything but food.

No i don't think they should be shut down. Exactly the opposite actually. But don't give some ridiculous logic that fully tested athletes shouldn't be allowed to play a sport outdoors because you wanna stop a virus, meanwhile everyone can shop at target, Walmart, make up stores, clothing stores etc
your trying to justify playing sports as essential as buying food, and it's not. it never will be
your trying to justify playing sports as essential as buying food, and it's not. it never will be

You're either trolling me or there is some reading comprehension issues. Never said anything about grocery stores. Just compared it to unnecessary shopping.

You're either trolling me or there is some reading comprehension issues. Never said anything about grocery stores. Just compared it to unnecessary shopping.
you might have some issues with comp, because that is exactly what i posted. you added your twist and got twisted up lol
San Diego? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Originally posted by OliverKlozoff:
San Diego? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Qualcomm isn't setup for sports, it's going to be demolished in March. The stadium has been allowed to fall apart.

Qualcomm demolition in March.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
They're going to have to come up with something - Monday night is creeping up fast.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 29, 2020 at 7:44 PM ]

Thats not even close to what his argument is. Youre just being pedantic.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Sports is not essential, there is no argument

Sports is not essential, there is no argument
Lol ok buddy. Neither are restaurants. Neither are all stores except grocery stores. Having school in person isnt essential. Weve been doing online classes for months now but theyre not shutting down. But sure, if you want to be the nerd whos "technically right" be my guest. You know what his point was. But cookies to you bro. Youre so smart. Sports arent essential and target is
Lol ok buddy. Neither are restaurants. Neither are all stores except grocery stores. Having school in person isnt essential. Weve been doing online classes for months now but theyre not shutting down. But sure, if you want to be the nerd whos "technically right" be my guest. You know what his point was. But cookies to you bro. Youre so smart. Sports arent essential and target is

Target has 4 aisles of food. Therefore they should be allowed to sell clothes, arts and crafts, towels, and furniture.

And Sephora should be allowed to sell make up in Santa Clara county because that's essential. While fully tested football players are spreading the virus.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Don't understand why they just don't play in Oakland

The stadium isn't anywhere close to being configured for a NFL team.

The turf probably isn't in place (especially since it's the off-season since no NFL team is there anymore).

There's a lot that goes into getting a stadium ready for a game,and the Coliseum hasn't had any preparation for NFL games.

If the Raiders were still there, I'm sure the league could figure something out to make it work, but they're not.
Share 49ersWebzone