There are 200 users in the forums

Is it time to panic now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time to panic now?

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Well, if JG doesn't improve over the next couple of games... yup. Lets face it, at the moment, the 49ers have the worst QB in the west... not good when you realize that the other three... are not that bad.

If I was Lynch, I'd be praying that New England wants JG back and hoping for a third day pick in exchange. Trever Lawrence should be the goal if things don't get better tomorrow. Otherwise, pray for a reclamation project from the Jets or Washington....

None of this is going to happen, we aren't bad enough to get Lawrence, Jimmy will likely get cut rather than traded because of cap and signing a new QB and there are a million better options than Jets and Washington left overs

Well, lets hope... I've just been around for a long time and have seen the likes of Stenstrom(sp) and Gabbert been anointed as the salvage savior... Not looking good if JG doesn't rediscover himself.
better oline, get our defense back, run the ball and we are contending next year no matter if its Jimmy or somebody else...
Ill just say one thing...we beat the Rams we are right back in the thick of things baby
It's been shown dozens of times in multiple threads that they have plenty of cap flexibility to keep the team intact next year. You keep harping on this but it simply isn't true

A) I think I have said it about three times.

B) It's not about keeping the team together, it's about making the team better. You have holes all along the oline. You have holes at DB, and this assumes JV stays healthy. You are going to have to pay to get KW back. What are you doing with Sherm? You can move him to safety along with Tartt, then deal with Ward somewhere else. Assuming TW plays up to his potential, he is going to cost a ton, and the cap (assumption - 175M range) isn't going to sustain that. You have Ford and Alexander's terrible $$$ situation as well.

So, you still have holes all along the oline and the DBs. Let's assume the draft nets two NFL starters at those positions. It also assumes Bosa will come back like the Bosa of old. Possible in year one after the injury. Ford is unreliable, and while I like Hyder, is nothing to write home about.

The offense should be better (factor in the current QB play), but they look ATROCIOUS. So, assuming they will be better, based on how they look now, is...optimistic.
Does a bear s**t in the woods?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Hey, I'm going to highlight some bright side.... When was the last time the 49ers had an Awesome TE and two very good receivers???? Unfortunately, the 49ers don't have Steve Young or Jeff Garcia throwing to them....
Originally posted by Dshearn:
They can fight for a playoff spot....but with the QB in shambles and key defensive people hurt....meh....

I would be fine with going for a better draft choice and going back next season. This covid year is crap
This
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Panic? No. This is 2018 all over again. We know we have talent when healthy, but we need to re-evaluate where we are spending our money and make some financially prudent decisions. Ford and Richburg are the two that come to mind. Potentially Alexander, too. Restructure and/or cut them.

Use that to resign Blair, Hyder, Tartt, Reed, Moseley, and Verrett. Potentially sign to cheap prove it deals for D. Jordan and Solly.

Let T. Williams, K Williams, Coleman, Jones, Juice, and Sherm depart and net us a bunch of comp picks in 2022.

If we can snag a QB in the first round, we should do it. Otherwise, we should trade down in the 1st round a few times and prioritize OL, EDGE, and DB positions. If the cap goes down, we'll see A LOT of cap cuts. We can use that to balance the roster of young talent and vets.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
It's been shown dozens of times in multiple threads that they have plenty of cap flexibility to keep the team intact next year. You keep harping on this but it simply isn't true

A) I think I have said it about three times.

B) It's not about keeping the team together, it's about making the team better. You have holes all along the oline. You have holes at DB, and this assumes JV stays healthy. You are going to have to pay to get KW back. What are you doing with Sherm? You can move him to safety along with Tartt, then deal with Ward somewhere else. Assuming TW plays up to his potential, he is going to cost a ton, and the cap (assumption - 175M range) isn't going to sustain that. You have Ford and Alexander's terrible $$$ situation as well.

So, you still have holes all along the oline and the DBs. Let's assume the draft nets two NFL starters at those positions. It also assumes Bosa will come back like the Bosa of old. Possible in year one after the injury. Ford is unreliable, and while I like Hyder, is nothing to write home about.

The offense should be better (factor in the current QB play), but they look ATROCIOUS. So, assuming they will be better, based on how they look now, is...optimistic.

Ford is restructuring or gone, same with Kwon everyone knows it even them. Sherm wants to be a safety and will cost less there, Ward is gone. We will draft a higher pick to play opposite Verrett and KW will resign but it's slot corner money which is always less. The idea that Bosa won't be the same is b******t and you know it. It isn't optimism you are just panicking.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Ford is restructuring or gone, same with Kwon everyone knows it even them. Sherm wants to be a safety and will cost less there, Ward is gone. We will draft a higher pick to play opposite Verrett and KW will resign but it's slot corner money which is always less. The idea that Bosa won't be the same is b******t and you know it. It isn't optimism you are just panicking.

I agree with all of this and hope it happens.

• dmax
  • Veteran
Losing buckner was when I said it might be tough..then losing bosa...THAT WAS THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN
Originally posted by dmax:
Losing buckner was when I said it might be tough..then losing bosa...THAT WAS THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN

The offense is broken. Something is seriously wrong and it's not getting better.
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Ill just say one thing...we beat the Rams we are right back in the thick of things baby

#99 and a suspect Oline. I don't think any qb is lining up for this matchup and whoever it might be probably doesn't finish the game
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
They've loss to 3 mediocre teams that they had no business losing to considering they were in the super bowl just a couple months ago. Yes

8 months isn't exactly considered a couple of months ago anymore lol.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by ltrain:
I don't really think it's time to panic. I think I just skipped over that emotion and went right to disappointment and bringing back bad memories of the way this team used to play.

back to the dennis erickson days

But it started off so well..

*spends 30mins trying to search google for Dennis jumping high in the air after an INT return in the blow out vs the Bears*......*f**k google*.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 11, 2020 at 7:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone